Islam is the worst religion out there

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by scary bubble jr, Sep 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #81 Postal Blowfish, Sep 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2010
    I see your victim card and raise you the rationalism card.

What principles in Islam are worse than the other religions?

edit:
    I've only ever been asking that question.

2. what victim card?

You seem to REALLY want me to name the principals (already done). I bet you're sitting there with some smirk trying to get me to name some so you can show off your leet debating skills and show everyone just how open minded you are. What some people don't understand is that trying to be open minded and accepting about everything is completly close minded. but here are the principals:

Discrimination od women

Discrimination of gays

Discrimination of other religions

Cencorship

Fascism

Sharia law

Apostasy is punishable by death

3. Next time try including your agenda, instead of trolling with the antagonistic thread title and original post content, It doesn't lead to a propper discussion where truths can be aired and debated.
    All it does is set a shitty tone which presides over the rest of the thread.

4. The antagonistic title was essential.

5. If you're going to be talking about Islam you need to understand something, they take pride in having their holy book unchanged from when it was first written. Modern people living in relatively good areas following the Islamic faith will follow it how modern Christians do.

I can bring up old verses from the Bible that call for the stoning of adulterers and the like, where they would travel to every corner of the globe to push their religion on people with force occasionally, or even the "kings" who ruled over their people with an iron fist.

Know the difference between the development of a country and its people and the development of a religion. Christianity changes to suit the times were in, Islam does not and this leaves room for extremists in countries with dictators who suppress technology and information that would give people the knowledge to decide what they want to believe in. Islam followed properly is a huge proponent of modesty, kindness, and striving for excellence. They also call for respecting other religious books and symbols.

Words get twisted in every document holding power (Religion, constitution, police reports...). Maybe if you didn't hate them so much you could go to a mosque and ask some of the people there what the values of their religion are and why they love to follow it, but that would be the logical thing to do. :rolleyes:

6. Literally all of this is in the first testament of the bible.

7. I love how threads like these get all the attention but when threads actually say something the the response is blurp. The universe is blurped up :smoke:

8. #89 Zylark, Sep 27, 2010
    Mr. Scary Bubble do have a point. It is quite fine in most polite society, especially in more non-believing leftist circles, to criticise just about any irrational belief. From animism to zoroastrian. Except for islam. Whenever islam is the topic, all kinds of excuses, apologetics, divertions and allegations crop up in order to silence the topic. Not to mention the muslims themselves that immidiatly play the victim card, claiming any critical debate of islam is somehow offensive.

But as it happens, western society, and the freedoms we enjoy today, are the result of problematizing and forwarding critical questions regarding religious validity, influence and practice. Through a plethora of avenues, ranging from science via philosophy to more pragmatic politics.

Which is a good thing. All dogmas, that is irrational beliefs, should be questioned. First and foremost to expose their lack of credibility. No regard should be given to how fervently someone believe in such nonsense, or how offended they might feel if by some design or accident, their illusions are shattered and they might have to think a bit about what they hold to be true. Even if that thinking only result in inane apologetics rather than a more intellectually honest repositioning of conviction.

As such, in todays world, there really is a need to take a good hard look at what quite clearly is the most dangerous religious dogma practiced and preached by a rather large percentage of the worlds population; islam.

Most importantly what need to be understood, is that islam is as much a political project as a faith. Islam is sharia, do not let anyone fool you into thinking otherwise. Sharia is a set of religious laws that govern all aspects of life and how it is allowed to live it. Halal vs haram. Muslims vs infidels. And not least, perpetual religious war (jihad) until the entire world is organized under a wanted islamic caliphate.

In short, what islam preach is not peace, tolerance or any modicum of live and let live. What it preach is totalitarian theocracy. That holds true for all four sunni schools of thought, and the one shia. The only muslim school of thought that teach anything else, is the ahmediyya reformers, who by the way are persecuted in all muslim countries on one level or another as apostates.

The barbarity witnessed in muslim countries from Afghanistan to Yemen, the stonings, the hangings, the so called honor killings, the slavery, the subjugation of women, the persecution of non-muslims and dissidents, the rapes, the cutting of limbs, and so on and so forth, these are not acts and jurisprudence in pervetion of islam. These are acts on behalf of islam, according to sharia, the islamic law.

And lest anyone forget, islam is the feudal creed of a pedophile pirate genocidal warmonger. Unlike buddhism or (for the most part) christianity, islam have never been spread by word alone. Only by sword. What is today the muslim world, are all a result of islamic warfare, not missionaries. Turkey, Lebanon and North-Africa was christian. Iraq and Persia was zoroastrian. Pakistan and Bangladesh was hindu. Afghanistan was buddhist. And so on. All lands conquered by invading muslim armies.

And since been stuck in a rut islamic denial of free thought have not allowed any of these countries to modernize out of...

9. Islam is worst to me because, currently they are known to terriorzie innocent people for their 'allah'

10. Best answer yet! Plain ans simple :hello:

I bet someone is going to bring up what christians did hundreds of years ago. though..

11. How about what they do today? Brainwashing children is pretty disgusting to me. :smoke:

12. #93 weednotcrack, Sep 27, 2010

Hmm.. your thinking of Al-Qaeda and i quote this from wiki "Al-Qaeda ideologues envision a complete break from the foreign influences in Muslim countries, and the creation of a new Islamic caliphate. Reported beliefs include that a Christian-Jewish alliance is conspiring to destroy Islam"

Al-Qaeda - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So Islam isn't even part of this ,it's actually a victim :eek: it's kinda like a weird KKK with explosives,know what i mean? like a bunch of crazy guys got together and use religion to push their psycho/paranoid agenda.So it's not like all Islams want to blow-up Americans and not all christian are racist.right?

13. You are quoting Wikipedia? My old boss has a Wiki page basically saying he was an amazing soldier when actually he was just good @ typing, on Wiki

Also, there are alot of people who are not religious pushing psycho/paranoid agendas too. Its not the religion, its the retard

14. exactly :D

15. Basically this. Al Qaeda recruits from the angry Muslims who's family got killed and their homes got destroyed ect. By American's Foreign policy. Al Qaeda takes them and brainwashes them and now they're willing to kill themselves. Afghanistan is hopeless. We might as well leave. Osama has escaped into Pakistan and there's practically no hope in getting him. So we should withdrawal. It would basically stop them in their tracks.

16. There's no reason to hate the religion, my best friend for most of my life is a Muslim and he's one of the nicest people I know. I've spent hours talking to him and his father talking about their beliefs after having a smoking session, and they speak about good things, about being good to people and believing in the better of people. His family is also really nice and respectful. Don't make sweeping generalizations because of a few outspoken bad people.

17. This:hello:

18. I always thought satanism was a bit worse than Islam....

19. Satanism is only the belief that there is right or wrong morals and that it all subjective. They embrace the fact that they don't believe in sin so they can live a life they want to live, not governed by invisible rules (correct me if I'm wrong, but that is my understanding of it). Most satanists are decent people, it isn't like they worship the devil or anything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.