Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

iSi Gourmet Whip Cream maker/nitrous oxide (N2O) chargers

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by txtreat, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Ok I'll bite. What is it and how would you use it to make dragon? Do you mean to extract with co2? Please share your thoughts?

2. This is an interesting article for sure. I wonder if therr are any Chefs on here that could explain it a bit more lolSent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. It works fine. For medicinal tincture go:

Decarb/dry weed

Freeze weed and 190 proof ethanol overrnight

Combine in whipped cream maker

Insert nitrous cartridge

Shake a few times

Bleed off nitrous

Strain and filter liquid

Reduce to concentrate as required

You're done, quick and easy.

4. Reduce to concentrate?  

5. #7 mrsilly, Jan 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2014
    What are the amounts of decarbed/ bud or kief per 190? Is the purpose of the no2 to further cool the trichomes so they break and can be extracted or is it a solvent? Thank you

6. I'm still experimenting. I have a half liter whipper.

I'm doing a small run tomorrow.

1/2 oz of bud and trim

1 cup of ethanol or maybe a bit more I think

1 nitrous charger

Reduce to about half for about 4 oz of tincture. I ain't a dabber. I spray it under my tongue for seizure control.

Does the nitrous act as a solvent? Good question. I don't know. I know the cold helps. Anybody know the chemistry?

7. So to explain a good portion of the nitrous is being used to speed up the process of maceration. The alcohol itself is actually the solvent. Whats happening inside the cannister is that the nitrous is pressurized to a super critical state forcing itself into your plant material and the release of pressure is forcing the chemicals out and mixing into your alcohol. Cold doesnt actually help, it reduces potency.

8. You can also do this with any soluble liquid such as oil, glycerin,butter.
    The reason upyou dont use co2 is because it will be unable to reach the pressure needed for this process. You will also be left with a cabonated liquid with none of the chemicals from your material.

9. not co2 they are talking about N20