Ishum's outdoor adventure in the muck with bugs

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by Ishus Maximus, Jun 9, 2012.

1. I got too many plants that I know what to do with so this morning I took a Sour Diesel and a Silver Haze cloneon a hike to a couple locations I had previosly scouted. Way off the beaten path in the swamp.

My first shot at guerilla... I'm playing a lot of it by ear so critisicm is welcome. Enjoy the pics :wave:

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      450.2 KB
      Views:
    • 2.JPG
      2.JPG
      File size:
      161 KB
      Views:
    • 3.JPG
      3.JPG
      File size:
      420.6 KB
      Views:
    • 4.JPG
      4.JPG
      File size:
      391.6 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      269.4 KB
      Views:
    • 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      File size:
      497.8 KB
      Views:
    • 7.jpg
      7.jpg
      File size:
      737.1 KB
      Views:
    • 8.jpg
      8.jpg
      File size:
      497.5 KB
      Views:
    • 9.jpg
      9.jpg
      File size:
      874.9 KB
      Views:
  2. it looks like you had fun! :D

3. nice grow spot

4. Looks like you got em right in line with that canopy opening. Nice spot man. Is that PVC or metal wire? I am going the PVC route for now. Might make a short wire base and drape the PVC like a protective net around the sides.

5. It was exhilarating :D I had my one-hitter, some Nevilles Haze, and was focused like a ninja :hide:

mjolnir85- Yeah I mucked quite a but through that swamp before i found some good spots way off the trail, pretty difficult because it looked like there were openings all over the place in the canopy from a far away angles, so I'd muck over, get under it and there would be barely any opening at all, very deceiving swamp haha. Eventually I found a couple good spots ... in that fern gully where you can see the sky, and behind the root ball of that fallen tree. I got them GPS pinpointed for next time. The fencing is plastic, I'm going to go back at some point with some more and make a bigger perimeter around the plants,

I took this snapshot of my dog on a mountain back in March. In the backround is the swamp I'm growing in.

Attached Files:

6. Nice. My spot has new forest around it (around 50 years old, used to be a corn field in the 60's) so all the trees are only about 20' tall, but there is A LOT of them. I had lived and hunted in the area for over 2 years and never went to this spot since no trails lead there. I did the same as you, looked for sunny spots and viola, an elevated grassy knoll. Might have to trim some branches to get more light, but right now I get 5-6 hours. I fully recommend that PVC wiring. Sooooo much lighter and easier to use than steel wire.

7. Yeah, I had faith if I looked long enough I would find a good spot...and then like an oasis in the desert, they appeared :metal:

An elevated grassy knoll sounds nice - link if pic if u got would like to see that :D ... not sure on how different the PVC is from what I am using. Is it the same? The stuff I'm using is pretty light weight and I can fold it up tight in my ruck, all I need is twisty ties and sticks in the area and I can make a reasonably sturdy fence. The more I can squeeze the better though. So if you think the PVC is better in that way, I just may give it a go. I'm going to get back out there and put some metal spiky rings i made out of soda cans at the base of the stalks - to fend of slugs. Hopefully the neem oil I hit them with has been keeping critters off - I went out with herbal bug repellant which has worked for me in the past but it didnt do shit out there, the squitos ate right through it and my t shirt, haha I didnt give a F at the time, I'm scratching like a mother F'er right now, next time I'm rocking good ol disgusting chemical OFF.

This is another potential spot at this swamp. Bad photo but you can see it is thick with brush and getting bombed by direct sun light. F those bushes. Marijuana needs to be there. I have more plants that need homes. I'm going back with a machete to cut a path to the center :metal:

Attached Files:

8. Havent ventured out there since I dug the holes a week ago. I'll hit it up in a bit with my dog and snap some pics. Gotta spread some angry smells around so the deer fuck off. Its gross, but I ferment piss in pickle jars to spash on the trees. Deer are everywhere here.
    Yeah it is probably the same stuff. I mean I have the same color and pattern and everything. Just picked it up and Home Depot and it said PVC chicken fencing 4'x25' and weighs maybe 5 lbs. I have scrap rebar and some bamboo poles to make my fence sturdy.
    I literally did the same thing today, lol. Two 24oz cans of Bud Light Lime got cut into 15 razor slug rings.
    Unfortunately I think I lost a sprout to the heat today. It hit 90+ during their sun bathing session and one fell over. I have it propped up with toothpicks right now but I think its finished. Oh well, still leaves me with 12.

9. Hahaha...I love it bud. You got a lot more get up and go than I do that's for sure. This should be quite fun to follow :hello:

I've never tried guerilla either...I'm sure you have a nice close water source seeing its in a swamp basically.

I will be watching!

10. Well it's a swamp so it's pretty stagnant water with all sorts of bacteria so I'm going to be dependant on my 4 liter camel back to both water plants and keep me hydrated. Right now they are in 2 gallon smart pots, i watered the dry root balls at the xplant, and today was a nice sunny day, i'm sure they are still moist though, it's very muggy in that swamp...a veging plant should thrive. Hoping to be a able to get away with watering weekly, I can definetly do that right now while they are still young.

Tomorrow's supposed to be nice and sunny too... this is exciting, it's not like i can just unzip the tent and check on the girls... can't wait to get back in the bush haha

11. cool cool, I'd like to bring my dog but he would slow me down. Boston Terriers aren't so great with recall haha, he see's so much as a moth and he's off and running.

Looking forward to seeing your patch.

12. #12 mjolnir85, Jun 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2012
    A view of my space. I am kneeling at the bottom of the clearing. Probably like a 3-4 foot difference in elevation. That's the view of the west-south west at about 6 PM :)
    [​IMG][​IMG]

A view from one of the holes of the eastern sky. Got a nice long and straight break in the tree line.
    [​IMG]
    My dog checking out a hole. He was fascinated by it, lol.
    [​IMG]

13. ^ Cool man, nice spot. But where are the plants? haha.

This is my torture folks. It haunts me at night.

Attached Files:

14. They are just sprouts still man, nursing them up in half gallon pots right now. Still just babies, less than a week old :)
    At least 11 will be transplanted to there in about a month. They are huddled under an old car hood for protection right now. Thunder storms over here knocking out power would have wreaked havoc on some little MJs.

15. You getting anxious to head out and check up on your babies yet?

16. Yeah dude I think about them a lot haha. The past 2 days were rainy but today and the weekend is supposed to be awesome weather! Going to get back out there either tomorrow or Saturday I'm stoked!

17. Take that camera bro! :D

18. Lol, man I cannot wait to have that problem:smoke:
    I go out and check up on mine probably a dozen times a day, lol.
    Still just little sprouts for me. Several of the larger ones are growing little leaf spikes from in between their first set of serrated leaves. I have hashed out my group as well. 6 of 11 look viable so they are getting the full treatment. The others have long stalks, tiny little serrated leaves, and even as sprouts look like they will either be males or the seeds they came from were under developed. From what I understand, males are taller and less leafy, sometimes even in very early stages. I am not giving up on them, but they are not the favorites, lol. They are back up plants for sure. All of mine are in 2 quart containers for at least another month.
    You gotta get out there man! Hopefully they are thriving and took no damage from the rains.

19. How are you plants doing man? Did you manage to get out to them this weekend?

Mine are starting to mature from little sprouts. They are growing a new set of leaves and starting to show what kind of MJ they will be. Looks like a mixed bag of indica and sativa bagseed I was given. Got some shorter fat leaves on some and long slender leaves on the others. Its getting exciting! I'll have to post some pics when I get a chance.

20. little update! :metal:

so I gave up one of the plants that's way in another part of the swamp, and have chosen the fallen tree spot as my patch to focus on. I don't have to muck through a ton f bullshit to get to it and I just like this spot. Maybe I'll check up on the other plant at the end of the summer and find a 10oz plant haha we'll see.

I have a total of 5 plants at the fallen tree. Wev'e had a heat wave where it has been in the high 80's/low 90's the past couple days but also some nice thunderstorms to water the plants. I went out this morning and saw some awesome new growth! Today I had nothing but a shit ton of soil and a 5 gallon smart pot... I xplanted one of the Sour D clones from a party cup and topped it. Everything is else in in 2 gallon smart pots except for one SH9 clone still in a cup. I will continue to lug soil out when I check on the plants for future xplants. Next time I will be going with some stakes to finally get up all the fencing that I have lugged out. I've been putting that off because it's been hot as shit, plus the bugs seem to be getting worse like each time I have to go out I have to rock a different kind of bug spray because they gain an immunity to it they are fucking vicious haha

So yeah in and out with the quickness...snapped some shots, x-planted, hit them with neem oil and poof. Enjoy the pics.

Attached Files:

• 1.JPG
      1.JPG
      File size:
      408.7 KB
      Views:
    • 2.JPG
      2.JPG
      File size:
      319.5 KB
      Views:
    • 3.JPG