Invisible Sun Quantum Board Build and Review

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by GoldGrower, Apr 3, 2019.

1. I'd rather not get thinner wire as this will be running at least 420 watts, but I bought solid core today so maybe it'll push in easier

2. What wattage are you running at?

3. looking good dude.

did you get your wires in ?

1.5mm is fine. the wire supplied should just push in. If you are having issues call us on 0151 5151 420

4. I wasn't supplied with any wires

5. I've finally finished putting it together and have it up and running, only took me a month! Haha

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. #46 GoldGrower, May 6, 2019
    Last edited: May 6, 2019
    The flexi cord was too soft to push in to the terminal blocks, and when soldering the ends they became too thick to fit. So I bought some 1.5mm solid core instead and that slipped in perfectly. I wanted to use the flex for the line between the driver and the light panel so I had to solder the ends, and then used a polishing wheel to sharpen the tips, this made them able to push in to the terminal blocks so I could have probably done that in the beginning.
    There are a lot of naked terminals all over the panel which makes me feel quite uneasy.

In the photo I had turned the power down a lot because its easier to get decent photos, but with it turned right up it's crazy bright. The colour is great too, I was worried that 3000k would be very yellow but it's not, it's pretty white, the last two photos look quite yellow but that's just the camera getting it a bit wrong, to the naked eye it doesn't look that yellow, it's more like the other photos

• Like Like x 1
  7. That looks really nice!!

• Like Like x 1

8. In my case, the iPhone X likes to lean towards the warm side of things, and looks overly red/yellow.

Try adding flash when you take pictures. It adds a little fill light to show detail, and gets the white balance a little closer to what the eye sees.

9. I use the flash when it will help but when taking a photo with already so much light the shutter speed has to compensate so much that the flash makes no difference unless its very very close up. I can manually change the settings but they came out perfectly fine except the last two so it wasn't worth the bother, the colour is only out slightly, and I mentioned it because I didn't want people to think these are really yellow like HPS, it's a million miles from it

10. Just spreading some experience.. your photos looks good.

When you use fill flash, close the shutter down a bit to let a little less ambient light in; and the burst of flash will highlight what you’re looking for.

Here’s a snap under 3000k + 660nm diodes. Those will drive the number down even further.

Here’s a flash/fill corrected photo-

[​IMG]

11. ahh yes you bought the boards seperate an not in a kit form. With the kits we supply a 1.5mm solid strand flexi which just pushes in. Glad you got it sorted though.

The rig looks good an youve got excellent spacing between boards. kudos on the build an quality.

• Like Like x 1
  12. id be interested to see the par distribution under the rig

13. Unfortunately I have no way to measure par, but as far as LUX goes, it's pretty much consistent from wall to wall

• Like Like x 1
  14. That is picture of a plant, I'm talking about taking photos of the light. The colour is perfect in the photos of the plants

15. Good work, Looking forward to getting mine!

• Like Like x 1
  16. I’m not sure of the device/camera your using, but speed up the shutter, stop down the aperture, or a combination of both.

Taking photos of a light source, or any intense light source, is a little challenging.

Good luck!

17. I think you've misunderstood something somewhere, I'm not sure what problem you're trying to fix. All it was, is when I take a photo of the light, it comes out a little more yellow than it really is. This is very easily adjusted by sliding the kelvin temperature down to 3000k to match the light. I didn't bother doing this as it just wasn't necessary as it was just those two photos which I took of the light. Taking photos of anything illuminated by the light works perfectly fine on auto. But here is a photo of the light with the kelvin temperature adjusted ...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  18. I think I did as well. I think I got ahead of myself. Everything looks good

• Like Like x 1
  19. Just a little update, almost 4 weeks in to 12/12...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  20. Looks nice and even girls are praying

• Like Like x 1