Invisible Sun Quantum Board Build and Review

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by GoldGrower, Apr 3, 2019.

1. #1 GoldGrower, Apr 3, 2019
    Last edited: May 6, 2019
    This is my journey of setting up 6 ISH boards and growing 6 Gorilla Glue plants under them, ScrOG style.

The ISH boards were delivered today along with the driver to run them, but I have a bunch of other things to buy before I can switch them on. This will probably take a week but I'll edit this first post to include all the parts I needed to buy.

This is where they came from
    Invisible Sun is the Premier Supplier of Quantum lighting solutions

6x ISH150 boards (3000k)
    1x Meanwell HLG 480H C2100A driver
    4x 1m aluminium angle (25mm x 25mm x 2mm)
    2x 0.58m aluminium angle (25mm x 25mm x 2mm)
    36x m5 stainless steel bolts (16mm) and nuts
    24x m5 nylon washers
    1x 2 cord cable connector
    1x 240v plug
    1x 3m 1.5mm², 2 core outdoor flexi cable
    1x 2m 1.5mm², solid core cable
    8x 12" stainless steel rope hangers
    1x 6mm/6mm aluminium bar to make the cord clamp
    1x rubber grommet

• Like Like x 2
  2. #2 GoldGrower, Apr 3, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
    These are the boards and driver

[​IMG]

Each one is an ISH150, and has 150 Samsung LM301B diodes. These ones produce light of 3000 kelvin, as they are predominantly going to be used for flowering. Other kelvin temperatures are available. They can be run up to 85 watts but I'll be keeping them at about 70w for a grand total of 420 watts combined (why the hell not right?)

They will be replacing my air cooled 600w HPS, which has served me well over the last 6 years. I have been very pleased with it but the efficiency has now fallen behind. HPS having a 150 lumens per watt ratio just doesn't compete with the Samsung LM301B efficiency of 220 lumens per watt. It's a no brainer.

Not all of the 90,000 lumens from the HPS make it through the air cooled hood, and they are nowhere as evenly distributed as the 92,400 lumens that should be coming from these boards. So with around 200 watts of electricity saved, and the fact that I can take out the hood fan (so less noise) means this should be a far superior set up

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Nice set of lights What size grow space are you working with?

4. buying in from offshore means you get to skip the VAT?

saving more cash ...maybe?

5. Thanks man, the tent is 80cm x 120cm x 180cm (about 2.5' x 4' x 6') so that's about 10 Square foot

6. Yeah, I guess it will depend on your own country's import tax laws and how much it would cost to ship, you'd need to do your own maths on that I suppose. These boards seem top quality though. Getting them from this company does seem to simplify things when you're in the UK at least

• Like Like x 1
  7. I’ve heard nothing but awesome things about invisible sun

Excellent I’ll be watching friend :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  8. Yeah same here

9. I got the frame together, just have to bolt the boards to it and connect them all to the driver ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  10. Beautiful!! What size tent?

Love how clean that frame is.

I used a hand saw to build a buddy of mines frame

I will not do that again. We were stupid high and it came out a tad rough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  11. The tent is 0.8m x 1.2m (about 2.5' x 4')
    There should be about 100mm (4") of space all around the outside of the frame, and roughly about the same gap between the boards too

It worked out well because I only needed two cuts as I had bought 6x 1m lengths, so wasn't too bad. I used a junior hacksaw

12. Ima bout to purchase the very same, very soon, I might go 8 panel and 600w will have to see how cash is when purchase time comes.
    I will be following along, maybe compare notes when I get mine going.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Cool man, what size is the area you're lighting up?

14. My canopy ie. the size of my scrog net is 1.5m *2.2m. So I will be getting as may panels as i can afford to cover one half of it so 1.5m * 1.1m. I bought a mars hydro 2 1600w (630 real watts). recently so that has the other half covered for the moment but it will get relegated to veg room as soon as i can get more boards.
    The boards will be replacing a 600w hps.
    I am pretty excited as it will be nice to max out the lums in my area as i have been trying to keep my wattage under 2000w for everything. Looks like these boards will do the job.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Nice and tidy frame you built

• Like Like x 1
  16. That sounds great man, 8 would fit real nicely

17. Thanks man, I'm pretty pleased with it

18. Yea, Looking at it again it think 9 might be a better number.
    So did you make the frame up yourself or did it come with a kit?

• Like Like x 1
  19. I made it, I bought 6x 1m metre lengths of aluminium angle, 25mm x 25mm x 2mm. Cut two of them down to 580mm and bolted them altogether with m5 stainless steel bolts. It was simple enough.

I ran out of time so I'll bolt on the ISH boards tomorrow, and then hopefully connect them all up to the driver and it'll be finished

Yeah 9 in your space would be awesome

20. So after Thinking about it a bit more I think the best option would be 2 * 6 board setups running 480w drivers each and 1* 3 board with 240w driver. this way i can get 80w per board which i think is the max i can get with the available drivers. Although i will then have 15 boards total if i ran two 640w drivers that would give me a total of 85.333w per board. humm, I dont suppose you know if these boards can handle a little extra juice? They usually add a bit of padding when designing these things. Maybe add in some Far Red to soak up the extra juice! Any way i have plenty of time to figure it out.
    I will start with a 6 board and take it form there. Got quoted £410 for everything needed, thats pretty decent.
    Now the long wait till payday!
    Keep us will post on your progress. Im gonna have to live vicariously through you for awhile!

• Like Like x 1