Is what we perceive, God?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by DrySticky, Oct 25, 2009.

1. If you're conscious, then you are "awake", when you are unconscious, then your are "sleeping". Now according to the religious texts of today, God is basically, what created everything. Now when you're "awake", you're aware that matter is real and everything visible has mass, so if God is what "creates" matter, then how the hell does he do it. According to the first law of thermodynamics, energy cannot be created, and therefore can only transform. Well my theory is, is that god is the human conscious. Think about it, if you've ever been unconscious, then you weren't aware of anything, including what religion claims to be the omnipotent being, or at least I've never been aware of him when unconscious, and that is saying something.(fucking alcohol). What are you're philosophical views on this.

2. God is man's creation.

3. God's not real.

4. There is no god who created everything. The dark matter and energy and everything that is IS god, but god isn't a magical man in the sky. There are gods, but they didn't create the universe, they only created us. And who made them? Evolution.

It's funny that "God is the light" yet most of the universe is indeed dark. Without darkness, light cannot exist, yet, without light, darkness can still exist. Darkness FTW.

5. #6 edward, Oct 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2009
    Gee, thanks for the insightful comments... I sure am glad I know your simply-stated opinion on the subject.

Any sentences starting with "God is" are doomed to failure unless followed by hundred more sentences starting with the same thing. The existence of God is a paradox in itself - God is the other side of everything, yet also everything. Unfortunately for people who say things like "God does not exist...", their perception of "God" is often something so dogmatically religious that they are really attacking religion, not God.

OP, in the words of Bill Hicks "We are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively." Every lifetime is a little more knowledge for the one consciousness, God. Also, I like how you say "religious texts" instead of "religions." Religion is religious texts as it applies to people, and sometimes people forget that the actions of religious people can be influenced by factors other than their religion, and can even use their religious texts as an excuse to do bad things.

6. I don't think anyone is getting what I'm trying to say. God is reality as we see it. Its how everything that we know, exist; and that is only through the conscious. think about his parable: "The kingdom of God is within us.". Well lets think: what if the kingdom is our mind. Therefore God's kingdom, Heaven, is in the human nature.

To those who have closed their minds to the Gods, i feel sorrow for you, for you have closed your mind to great possibilities. Saying the Gods aren't real is to contradict a major part in philosophy, and you shouldn't return to this forum, for what the great truths are, deal with the higher beings of the cosmos, whether that be the One, or whether I constitute God to be the universe itself, you people that have decided God isnt real are close minded and therfore ignorant. In my own religion Knowledge is salvation; whereas Ignorance is the sin.

7. I live my life by that last sentence you stated. I never said Gods don't exist , I know for a fact higher beings do exist but not the christian/judeo god.

8. That's actually what I said, god is the universe, not some man in the sky. I refer to it as Universal Father, not god, a god is a being, not a force.

9. We live in a universe that is experiencing itself subjectively.
    God is the driving force of this hologram and the essence of existance.

10. #11 DrySticky, Oct 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2009
    Yes, I should state that by anyone I mean the ignorant, although you do apply to the last statement. Closing your mind to the possibilities of the universe is ignorance. God is indeed real, if what you said that the universe is the omnipotent,there, is, no difference.

11. Gee, thanks for the craziest definition of 'God' ever given. The concept of collective unconscious is not meant to be a god, I don't know where you got that insane connection from. You should find another word to represent whatever strange notion you're trying to get across, 'God' simply has no place here.

12. I never said collective unconscious. Work on your reading comprehension.

God has a place everywhere, as God is everything.

13. A totally meaningless statement which confuses the issue. This sounds like some Deepak Chopra nonsense, I'm curious where you got this stuff.

You may think that your view of god is more sophisticated and nuanced than a Christians', but there's just as little evidence for it. There is absolutely no evidence that a god exists, especially in this crazy form where a rock is part of god. Given that I'm rather confused how you got to this position.

14. Whos to say?

What if its the other way around?

15. All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

16. #17 Industrial, Oct 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2009
    You're saying that matter only exists to the observer, and that without an observer matter doesn't exist? This is a philosophical misconception.

The question arises. Which is primary, matter, or consciousness?

13.7 billion years ago the big bang took place. A huge amount of energy was released from a singularity, and condensed down into matter, forming galaxies. After billions of years of supernovae producing heavier and heavier elements, the raw material was created that allowed planets to form. Our planet happened to be the right distance, the right size, with the right atmosphere, for organic matter to form and evolve. Two billion years later, and we finally have human conscious, the latest evolutionary "project" of natural selection. The human brain is indeed the highest organization of matter. The moment we put the tool in our hand, we distinguished ourselves from the rest of the animal kingdom.

Human consciousness is not the product of some indestructable spirit, but rather, it's the product of matter organized in a definite way. The human brain is the most complex organic machine in the known universe, that has the ability, with the use of sense-organs, to accurately sense and percieve the world in all its complexities. Our perception of this external world is indeed an accurate reflection, that becomes even more accurate as our understanding deepens over time. We approach closer and closer to absolute truth.

The material world exists independently of any conscious observer. The earth once existed in such a state, that no consciousness could have existed, no sensations, no perceptions, no reflection, no life. And life existed before consciousness existed. As physics gave way to chemistry, chemistry gave way to biology, which evolves over time and develops infinitely more complex mechanisms to understand the world. With labor, economics was born, which dominates individual psychology, which then gives way to sociology and politics, an even more complex and contradictory organization..

what was I talking about again?

Right. This is the philosophy of the enlightenment. Religious philosophies, their world outlook, were essentially backwards. They proceeded not from matter being primary, but from consciousness as primary. Consciousness aka God, existed first, and from him matter was created. The same goes for the subjective idealists and solipsists to theorize that humans create the world in our minds, or the agnostic idealists who claim an objective reality exists, but we can't know it. These are old outdated philosophies that were once progressive for their time, but are now reactionary and backwards. Their understanding of reality was turned on its face and put on its feet by dialectical materialism.

17. God is the perceiver, not the perceived

Any perceived phenomena is temporary

God is not temporary

18. What we perceive is merely creation related to God but not in anyway God itself. Atleast thats what I've come to.

19. for me, the earth is god, or a metaphor for god. the earth gave life to me and i thank it for that. the earth is also what i see and perceive, not some "man in the sky". we cannot see god. people claim to hear from god and claim that they feel god, but the mind is a very powerful and can trick us at times based on our feelings and emotions. the earth is god, and we are raping and killing the earth, therefore raping and killing god.