Is war with Iran near?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZioKyo, Jul 28, 2018.

1. I tried looking it up but I couldn't find any concrete evidence of what exactly he gave them.
    all of the news stories are conflicting and none have the same number.
    we do know that America sent iran a planeload of cash
    and Obama justified it by saying that it was to pay back a lawsuit from 1979

2. Can you imagine 'pushing' that button? Even if you knew, lets say Russia, launched all they had at your country, could you return the 'favor'?

It is sad to think that those in power just might do it.

3. Maybe because that is exactly why we did it. We owed them for a cancelled sale of armament.
    The fake news is that it was a payoff.

:smoke:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. and that's exactly what I thought when they told us about that payment. and I would have understood it. we gave them a peace offering and such. I was glad because I always thought the people of iran were good people and it would be nice to make peace with that country
    what I don't understand is where did the money officially come from? the treasury? and why was it all in cash and not a transfer to a bank or something "official"

most people in the world are peaceful and there is nothing wrong with them. its the leaders and their actions that make us look bad.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Due to the time it takes to remove the sanctions that effected banking with Iran.
    It was much quicker to make the payment in cash.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. ahhh again, a convenient truth...but im sorry, we have the ability to transfer those funds if we wanted to. and if we didn't, why didn't the two governments just wait until the sanctions were removed a

its like, when you go to the store to return something and the clerk behind the counter says "im sorry but the system wont let me"....someone programed the system

7. Blame it on your obstructionist Congress at the time.

$400 million was being shipped over 6000 miles for deposit in Iran’s treasury. “Normally you’d use a bank transfer,” says Sick. “But Congress banned dollar transfers to Iran, so the government had to find another way. So they bought foreign currency, and transferred it in cash.”

It is what it is.