Is war with Iran near?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZioKyo, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Gotcha. :)

2. The thread didn't cause the drama. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Whoops looks like I used the wrong word.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. It's all good. Sometimes I miss PMs due to the amount I get so I dig around if I think I missed one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Makes sense. :)

6. OK, everybody get back to Iran. :p

7. Bomb Iran! MURICA!
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Iran was a great secular country until USA put their hands in Iran which caused a civil war and ended up Humeyni being the leader of the country. Today they are still a country that is being ruled by uneducated fanatics however the main reason is USA .

iran's president at that day tried to nationalize all oil resources and that caused havoc in USA because they and their allies had massive earnings from Iran.

I suggest you to investigate on such important matters because as many stated in this thread itself , media is NOT to be trusted. You have internet where you can research freely and i believe you have enough education to judge the facts you research.

Lets get some facts straight :
    • Nuclear warheads is a threat to all humanity and majority of life on earth.
    • Humanity didn't have chance to colonise another planet therefor a nuclear war have potential to end majority of life on earth
    • Humans faced the destruction of an atomic bomb ( which is way way smaller then majority of nuclear warheads nuclear countries have )

Therefor United Nations have a treaty named Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons
    This treaty is designed to prevent spread of nuclear weapons and technology.
    There are only a handful nations that didn't sign this treaty : India , Israel , South Sudan , North Korea and Pakistan. Rest of the world signed this treaty including USA , Russia and China ( top 3 military powers and nuclear weapon holders on the world )

North Korea is facing major outcry when they develop Nukes
    Iran is facing major outcry when they develop this technology
    Yet Israel is facing no outcry from West about their Nuclear warheads or technology

Don't get me wrong , i seriously admire Israel , they developed a great country and they have great technology , living standards etc.. However this shouldn't give them a free pass when we consider Nuclear Warheads.
    More then once Israel highlighted how cruel they can be when it comes to defending themselves. They have every right to defend their country yet a country that can act cruel to people without guns in their hands shouldn't be allowed to have Nuclear warheads or technology.

If i return back to the subject of the thread : We all shall ask ourselves first , isn't the blood dropped within Iraq , Syria is enough ? Europe faced major immigration issues with Syria war. What do you think will happen if there will be another war within the region which could trigger serious outcomes. Do you really think invading a country that are protected with Russia and China is that easy ? Do you think Russia will sit back or did Russia sit back at Syria ? It is a great opportunity for humanity that Syria didn't cause major issues between Russia and USA and forced them to move against each other. Why do you dream of pushing this senario further ?

I believe the main reason for this idea is : USA citizens never faced the war in their own country. Attending a war or having war in your own country is way different. Go ask any European if they would want to face another war in their region and hear the destruction WWII caused within their region.

Invading Iraq is not similar to Iran. Iran has its routes in that region for the past 2500 years. They have strong allies. Asking or dreaming such war should be the last thing any human ever thought.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. And when it comes to being the aggressor.

Good post though.

10. Just a minor reminder, the US has had a few wars on our own lands.

:smoke:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. You didn't have a war on US soil other then Pearl Harbour within 20th century ;)
    Pearl Harbour attack was also done towards the base if i am not mistaken and the city surrounding the base was not hit and it was not a long attack. So i didn't recall that as a war.

12. Therein lies the difference, originally you didn't specify the 20th century.
    Now you are spot on.

:smoke:

13. The technology evolved greatly within 20th century and the destruction wars cause get worse. Today it is actually way worse then 20th century unfortunately.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Actually the Japanese were incredibly brutal. Japanese planes were literally targeting the fire trucks trying to put out fires out in Honolulu.

15. Didn't the attack last 1 day ?

Just imagine if the attack was at New York or another big city in USA and think about the destruction it could cause. I hope no American would face such senario. Europeans had to live like that for many years. Now middle east is facing it.

It is time for humanity to stop causing such destruction

16. Lasted about 2 hours if I remember correctly.

17. I really dislike modern warfare. The fact children can be used to wage warfare says enough. U wouldn't be able to send a 8-year old to war back in the day, wearing heavy armour and weapons while marching hundreds of miles to nowhereland to fight. Nowadays all I hear or see is innocents that died by stray bullets, drones, chemical attacks. Now we have nuclear weapons. War is cowardly now, any discussion about it seems senseless considering there will always be innocent casualties and the soldiers always end up messed up in their head.

Just a rant.

18. Actually the death toll from warfare, both direct and indirect is much, much less than 20th century warfare, especially the first half of the 20th century. 21st century warfare is much less casualty intensive for a lot of reasons. The improvement in technology is a major one though, you don't need nearly as many men for comparable operations.

Also this may be a minority opinion, but I think nuclear weapons have also played a role in this by discouraging direct confrontations between major powers. Armies may be larger than ever, but none of the strongest powers have clashed directly since the proliferation of nuclear weapons.

Just saying wars are definitely not getting worse by most objective measurements.

19. If the US does go to war with Iran it's going to be in a lot of hot water.

As @Lizard King pointed out above, Iran has a lot of allies and they'll come at the US from every direction. 9/11 will seem like a minor attack.

20. Don't forget that the first half of 20th century had a massive world war and last days of Ottoman Empire where everyone could attack and gain land prior to World War 1. Therefor the amount of death tool is way way bigger then 21st century.

If we will ever have another world war , the death numbers of both world war would easily passed further in couple of weeks. Because one way or another within that war , a maniac will push the red button.