Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is trim that has been extracted with butane safe to cook/ticture with?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by AdrenalinnRush, Nov 20, 2010.

1. I made Butane Honey Oil with about 3 oz of trim. I only did one wash so i think there's more thc left in the trim. Do you think that it's safe to cook with or make a tincture with???

2. If you reheat ir you should be able to burn the butane off i think.

Sounds iffy to me th

3. i'm wondering the same thing.

i ran some quality buds one wash on one occasion and two washes the second time. the bud still appears to have trichomes under 40X magnification. no butane smell.

i plan to soak it in room-temp water for two hours, remove from the water hoping any potential butane residues are gone, not that there should be, then cook with it. something like an ounce to one half stick of butter.

4. You way loose some trichs when you rinse it... I have used my leftover BHO material before, but it wasnt very strong

5. Yes, it should be safeto use. No there shouldnt be any butane a day after, since butane evaporates at room temperature. So does isopropyl alcohol.

6. Do you think that the butane has left harmful chemicals that can't evaporate?

7. Pure butane will evaporate at room temp, so if you trust your butane purchase, trust that it'll evaporate

8. Yup. Wouldn't go eating your shit if you were using Ronson brand or something, but if you're using clean butane, you're good.

And yes, there are still trichs there, and yes, extracting them does work. It's a little bit weaker than using vaped bud for edibles, so adjust accordingly.

9. Would you trust triple refined King butane????

10. Probably, yeah.

11. Get your hands on 99.9% pure N Butane, not the cheap Iso used with a blend of other propellants. You can also purify the cheap stuff by recovering it from a closed system and running your solvent through activated carbon.

The Tamisium extractor is leaps and bounds beyond the competition with regards to safety, quality, and versatility. Plus, No Wasted Butane! The medical stuff is hundreds per gallon, but you recover it all!