Is this worth it?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Cannabuzz, Jan 10, 2015.

1. Hello I am looking to buy this box, its 2 ft tall, hydroponics, and it's a stealth box. For my first grow would this be a decent box? Its $259, but I think I would be able to crop more than that in my first crop? I'm just new to this and was curious if this would be good for a little bit of self supply?

I apologize for the mobile link. :(

http://m.ebay.com/itm/221644951092?nav=SEARCH

2. #2 Ralph407, Jan 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2015
    Not worth $259. Hell makes me want to build and sell boxes myself. It's too small for a good harvest and probably needs an upgraded air pump. The reservoir is so small you will have to check and adjust the ph three times a day. Trust me I've bought a 2' box before. You could use it for vegetative growth.

It could work for a tiny plant but again. Constant checking of pH. 12/12 from seed. Short strains (low ryder). Small yields :/

3. What if I put a 400 watt light in it, would I be able to crop at least 2-4 oz?

4. Still looking for more information guys. Is this box capable of 2-4 oz with a 400 watt hps?

5. In that box a 400w HPS would cook anything you put in there, I would predict temps around 115* to 125*. LED would be ok up to about 140w but temps would still be on the high side. 

6. Even with a intake and exhaust fan and being in a cool area? It comes with cfl I think, would those be worth using?

7. Even with the intake and exhaust fan anything other than just a couple cfl's or a 90w-ish ufo LED it will cook in there. To get the airflow to a point of cooling that small box you are talking inline fans and that box would not fit that internally. If you are getting it to just get your feet wet in this as a hobby then perfect, stick with the cfl's or get a Small LED. The cfl's will work and do a decent job for learning the in and outs of growing. Then when you get the motions down and want to upgrade to a larger box you have a much better idea what you will be looking for, and this box could then be used for a Mother box or many other uses. 
      I don't want to sound like a dick in this but there is a lot of misinformation out there and whether it be salesmen that want you to buy their crap or just a douche wanting to watch someone fail as much as them. You will find out that even cfl's put off heat, just not as much as other sources of light.
      I am growing out of a 2'x2'x56" cabinet with a 190cfm inline fan in a room with ambient temps of 66* to 72* and with my 250w HPS turned down to 100w I saw regular temps in the box of 82*-86*. Even now with a 300w LED I hit right around 81*. The smaller the space the more temperamental the temperature is going to be.
     I agree with Ralph a few posts back, this isn't worth it if you know what and where to look for stuff, you could DIY a box like this for under $100. Unless you don't know where to look, then the extra $159 is worth it for your time and effort to source all the equipment. Truly any $$$ you spend on a KIT will in the end be a waste since most of the equipment will be changed/upgraded to fit what you know and how you grow.
     Sorry for the rant but I enjoy this hobby and hate to see someone sent on a snipe hunt that will end up costing them money, time and possibly get them to drop the whole idea of growing your own. 

8. That box is worthless. All good points made already. Just buy a tent and hang a suitably sized light and exhaust fan. The lights in that box would only produce a few grams, and that's if you manage to get a plant to harvest day. It would be a nightmare trying to grow in that thing