Is this vape scare anything to be concerned about?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheDude33, Sep 11, 2019.

1. It seems isolated, I’m not ready to give up my pen. I’ve never had a problem.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sure...
    Tell me; just exactly what is it that you are vaping?
    Did you make it?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. 6th now dead, 450 cases across 33 States last I knew. Something funky is in the air.
    <- will stick with home grown edibles and combustion thankyouverymuch. I know what is in my meds.
    Looks all to much like Lipoid Pneumonia.
    BNW

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. When his lungs hurt, The Dude abides...

• Like Like x 1
  5. LOL I have made vape juice a year or more ago. Never could get a potent enough blend I was happy with. I know what should be in the juice and they've already found stuff that shouldn't be. Vitamin E oil for openers.
    Any oil is verboten and as mixers we are extra careful to source flavoring that have zero oils. Has to be PG or Alcohol based.
    [​IMG]
    BNW

6. yet.... cough cough, choke

7. As a rule, I have doubts about anything the govt says about it. This vaping has been around for several years now but we are hearing of these cases in the last several months. I myself am still on the bong. If the govt info that I heard about pot were true, I’d have been a dried up hard drug junkie 25 or 30 years ago.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Three Companies Subpoenaed in Weed Vape Illness Investigation

When this recent influx of boutique diluents thickeners, thinners, what have you are mainstream in legit as well as black market products and the manufacturing of them is a proprietary secret as far as ingredients therein, you have become their guinea pigs.

Good luck with that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. I know what’s in mine and I’m vaping 92% sour diesel as we type.

• Like Like x 2
  10. If I haven’t had any issues yet and it’s the same source why would it suddenly change ingredients?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. $$$

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Think it's more the flavorings that's causing this, Michigan just passed a ban on all flavored vape products. In less then 30 days there illegal here. 1st offence is a 6 month sentence plus fines. And anyone in possession of more then 4 bottles can also be charged a minimum of 6months.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Buddy I know that has a private lab test his cannabis products sent in a unlabeled vape flavoring and it came back with traces of ethylene glycol, that's the shit in antifreeze, also a bunch of chemical binders for flavor binding. Kinda like certain soda's have brominated vegetable oils in them to bind citrus flavors. But bromine is toxic to mammals it's still used at low ppm. I'm thinking some company out there is cutting corners and adding cheaper shit to make there products is all.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. could just be you haven't reached the point yet where your lungs are coated enough to affect you.

give it time...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Merely a question... that hasn't been answered, yet.

16. So I should stop vaping?

17. This. If it ain't broke....don't fix it.

18. That is not for me to say.
    The question is the content of the cartridge.
    If I grew my own, and converted it into vapor cartridges, I would KNOW what it is that I am smoking.
    I look at a purchased cartridge with 'goo' inside, I MUST ask myself; "What is that... and how do I know?"
    I do have a friend in Colorado that manufactures 'goo'. I know that what is in there is 'the right stuff'.
    Then, again, I might be fooled by a friend!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. I personally don't use Vapes often at all due to having COPD due to smoking for over 25 years. Damn those tobacco companies for all the crap in those, but when I do I have instant spasms of the lungs. That alone tells me not to vape.

• Like Like x 1
  20. #20 killset, Sep 11, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
    I never had a problem until I had a problem. Fealt like a heavy weight boxer landed a few punches on my chest. Fuck vapes, never again. I wish I never would of messed with them in the 1st place. Not worth the risk when theres so many safe ways to consume

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1