Is this too much light??

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ThumbaIina, Dec 1, 2016.

1. so I got some advise that I can throw my 250w MH on my seedlings, I thought it was too soon but they seem to be growing super slow for auto flowers. Advice please?

Attached Files:

2. Oh I forgot to add that the wand is what the temp is on that last picture. Also, the light is 3ft away from the plants and I do have airflow, and one fan venting air

3. Plants also grow beneath the soil .

• Like Like x 2
  4. It's only a seedling without a true set of leaves yet. What's your definition of "super slow?" It looks like it's only a week old if that.

5. so is it too much light?

6. 2 weeks actually

7. So when do I know to turn the 250w MH light?

8. I keep my seedlings under T5's for the first 2-3 weeks to allow them to get well established roots and at least a few sets of true leaves. Then I veg them under a 600w MH.

• Like Like x 1
  9. It's also at that point I'll transplant from solo cups into 1 gallon pots.

10. It looks like a lot of perlite. I'm guessing it might be a touch dry for seeding. Should be fine with the light. Don't give any fertilizer just water often

• Like Like x 1
  11. I took my light out and put my t5 and one other CFL in the tent for now, yes I make sure to water when the soil moisture meter reads the moisture is getting low, I also do the finger test, if it feels dry, then i add water

• Like Like x 1
  12. Its growing slow because of the container...once the roots catch up...it'll be fine...the lights won't be too much, but basically just a lot of excess light it really isn't using yet...after a couple weeks introduce the mh and it should be good

• Like Like x 2
  13. Also, probably don't put the thermometer/hygrometer sensor in the soil...hang it even with the top of the plant

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ok thank you!:love-m3j:

15. Your fine under the MH. Heck I would up ur water a little and move light closer.

• Like Like x 1
  16. your temp sensor shouldnt be getting direct light, its just like leaving a thermostat in the sun all day, it will read a lot higher then what the actual temp is. just a heads up.

But that lights fine, leave it alone, let the roots catch up.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Made the mistake of leaving the temp sensor in the hot spots and also just anywhere with direct light shining on, put the sensor to one side out of the hot direct light around canopy level all of the time, I personally use 2 separate thermometers and will be using 2 more in future grows

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

18. It's too much light when you see heat stress in the leaves. The tips of the serrations curl up, after that the tips of the leaves start to yellow and curl up similar to nutrient burn.

The plant will tell you what it wants by the color/posture of the leaves. Right now it's not saying too much light. It will tell you not enough light by stretching between the nodes excessive amounts. Keep the light as close as you can to keep your nodes tight and keep the plant growing as fast as it can.

• Like Like x 2