Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

is this too good to be true?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by winna99, Jun 24, 2011.

1. im getting an oz tomorrow for like, 180. bud around here is 20 a gram. so even if i get ripped off and he only gives me half an o, ( which is unlikely) im still saving money. what do you think will happen, as this is a sketchy deal to me . im going through a friend(trustable), giving my friend 180 then hes getting the oz then giving me it. what if its bad schwag? is it still worth it?

2. that is sketchy as hell, its all about how much you trust the kid upping for you

3. never give someone money without you having marijuana in your hand. that is rule number one.

To me, this looks like them trying to set up a rip off on you. Make outlandish sounding deal, get weed through middle man, middle man can either blame dealer for stealing money, dealer can blame middle man for never paying= none of them taking responsibility. Don't do it.

4. yeah you guys are right, ill go with my friend to see the dealer so i can see the bud myself. only fair way.

5. also, dont be afraid to walk away. if you feel the amount isnt about right or the bud just isnt good enough for what your paying, just walk away. remember, this is business first.

6. ightt thanks

7. make sure that, under no circumstances, you do not end up missing out on the transaction. you must be there.

8. ill make sure man thanks :D

9. something my father repeated to me many times as a child (he is still a businessman, so I figure he has some good experience with this bit of information)

He said to me, "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is"
    He's a clever one. Sure, his business consumes most of his life even in his old age... but he's clever. For what it is worth.

10. It can be sketchy, but its all about who you know. I've never heard of an ounce for 180 but I did pick up one for 220 last week.

11. That's pretty sketch dude i usually pay 150-170 on a half O

12. #13 S0UR, Jun 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Chill bro hahaha

13. Not sure where your from but I get rid of mine for 165 up to 200/z. You must not be from the Pac NW. It grows from trees here! lol

14. GOLDEN RULE OF THE TRADE IF YOU NEVER WANT TO GET RIPPED OFF: Do not, under any cirumstances, friend or not, front your money for them to get your shit, you see the shit, you give the money, thats how it goes. and 30$ an eighth, sounds like some schwag to me imo.

15. The price is plausible, but I just wouldnt trust a friend to get it. If he is getting you an O most likely he will skimp it or get skimped.

16. more likely he will give skimped bag, when hes the one who skimped it, and say it was the guy he got it from.

17. lol that dude is planning on giving you no bud and obtaining $180 from you

18. I have people give me cash for OZ and half oz all the time, then I leave for about 30 mins and come back. Over half of these people have never seen me before in their lives, but I always bring them back what they wanted and made sure they were happy with it.

Not sure why most of you won't trust your friends, that's sad. IMHO.

19. Sketchy as hell. Stay away from using middle men, dude. I made the mistake as a noob, and what was sopposed to be 3.5 of dank ended up being i little bag of trim..:mad: still upsets me to this day but i can only blame myself.