Is this stupid

Discussion in 'General' started by TheNewGrowingGen, Jan 7, 2018.

1. I think you'd get better answers in the growers section, but someone might be able to help you with this

• Like Like x 1
  2. I ain't gonna lie I thought all threads were cannabis related seeing as it's a cannabis page haha my bad

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Leaves look pretty good to me, they seem to be doing fine, no sagging or lifting with good lush color. You can get a meter that measures light and I've toyed around with them before when learning but I really like to just go off the plants responses now. Whats your light height at? That 600w is probably too strong or too close for those small babies. I grow 4-6 small plants like that with a single 300w LED at 15-20 inches (true usage is 140w)

• Like Like x 1
  4. My light is as high as it can be my friend.

I think I'm gonna need to get a smaller light for my tent seeing as half of my tent is to bring and hot. But they seem to be doing OK with what I got them at the big plant is at the corner in the back.

And the 4 small plants are just side by side at the edge of the tent. Directly under the light it's sitting between 36c and 40c so my plants are well away from that heat.

I had a look and there seems to be a couple of yellow spots on the outside of the leave now I know my ec was high yesterday I gave them pH water today and that was it how long will I give them just water for? Or will I start with my feed again tomorrow

5. You ph balancing your water before feeding? Don't, it doesn't make any difference and can easily hurt, your plants will adjust the soil ph by themselves, all you're doing is saturating the soil with buffer salts that will build up in hot spots and burn roots or clog your soil up from draining/flowing well. I used to ph adjust water, your plants will thank you for not and you'll save a little more money. If you're using city water though, let it air out so the chlorine will evaporate.

Generally you want 75-84 degrees F, so 28c is pushing it, anything past that is too much for sure.

I usually start nutes at the end of month 1, the soils I use will usually have quite a bit of nutes in them to last so it may vary. I also had room temperature temps 72-76F with the LEDS so my plants used far less nutes/water and power :). The hotter it is, the more water your plants go through, which means the faster and harder theyll suck up nutes.

This also makes it harder to regulate nutes as changes will occur very fast versus room temperatures. Your plant could go from nute starved, yellow as a squash to clawing, dark as sin, overfed in no time if its hot. Hotter temps also increase odds of males, and just lesser quality/quantity in general.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Year I make sure that the pH is not to high I use canna coco and there fertilisers it has pH buffer in them

It's my first time I ain't to concerned about how much I get if I was to pull a oz of each plant I'm gonna be more than happy.

Also no males just females I buy my seeds from a seed bank

7. What kind of cooling are you using for your light?

8. I have an extraction fan and a twist fan that's on constantly

9. Are they auto flowering? They can go male if they're stressed and not auto-flowering.

I'd recommend more cooling in there, or maybe less strong light. Your temps are pretty high, if this is max height you might have trouble when they start growing up. Be sure to prune the center stalk after 4-5 leaflets so it'll grow out wide, and not just tower tall with a single stalk.

If you can avoid ph buffers you'd be better off, they wont help you at all and can only hurt.

10. Yeah there autos and I am doing a lst on them witch is working I have 7 main tops instead of 1 top so that's a good start

When my big fan is sucking air out the tent my temps are round 26c

11. Further clarify please, are your fans, directly on your hood? And is your hood air cooled, a wing type, or a tube type? And does it have a layer of glass or plastic between the bulb and the plants? And if it is cooled, are you venting out the top or top sides?

12. Ohhh, and when the fork do you sleep, my dude? hahah

13. My hood is like a metallic rectangular thing no glass on it.

I vent from the top of my tent
    My tower fan is always on

What you mean when do I sleep? What's sleep? I forget

14. Hahaha I can tell..... posted at 3am here, woke up at 8am and your still on hahah.... boy I miss those days.....

But seriously go find some old picture frame that no one is using, take the pane of glass out and use some kapton tape or aluminum tape to fasten it on, and put a fan pushing air to the bulb (you can ziptie a fan or pc fan to it or hang it, tape it, what ever) a push pull fan configuration would be better.... but your already in the temperature ball park, so two fans might be wasting your money.

But do your self a favor and get an air cooled hood as soon as you can afford it..... simply not having to trip about temps is quite nice

15. Yeah man I am actually gonna be getting a cool hood and a more expensive extraction fan. Yeah bud that's me just woke up so from the message a sent you yo now haha Al reply to that message 2 times just give me a few minutes to get my head screwed on

16. id stick with the cool hood first, it will honestly probably do the trick, and no point in spending another 60+ dollars on a fan if you dont have to

• Like Like x 1
  17. Thank you bro for the reply. The cool hood if I am right in thinking you need a fan to suck the air out OK but my fan is on my carbon filter?
    So would I not need to buy a new fan anyway no matter what I do?