is this soil ok ?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by q82lovely, Mar 14, 2007.

1. by the way i have only one plant & it my first time also
    but im working hard to finish it so wish me luck !

light im using
    2 30w 6400k
    2 flourcent tube 18w 6500k
    they are all daylight type

after repotting i well change lights to 6/18 cuz now its 24/7

here are some pics

Attached Files:

2. is that foil i see? bad news. foil is a MAXIMUM Of 55% reflective when clean and uncreased. creased it is much less. the creases also cause hotspots (or burns) appearing on your leaves and stem. youll be much better off buying some black/white plastic or painting the interior of your grow with flat white paint...

3. thanks man for the note

i well changed it ASAP

4. any advice about the soil guys ?!

please :D

5. seems fine. as long as there is no time release nutes...which it doesnt look like there is. i would mix it with some worm castings and or some type of guano. not sure the exact proportions. it would probably do fine by itself along with you providing the nutes. im a rookie so get this info double checked first.

6. thanks alot ekm5015

i thin k iwell use it

7. yeah I used hyponex in my last transplant, I should've added a little more perlite but hey, you live n learn. it works fine tho, just becareful bcuz it will turn into mud if you add too much water (hence the reason for adding more perlite)..but it was only $1/lb I couldnt pass that up!

and as far as the foil on the walls, I read somewhere that CFL's dont create hotspots..I think I read that in another forum, I gotta do some research on it tho then I'll be 100% sure.

8. Morp was talking about the foil on the walls and how it creates hotspots. Not CFLs.

9. well as long the wall is white i bleave its ok

i only kept the plant on the corner waiting my worms to come tommorow

the only serious problem now is idont have any seeds or other plant :eek:
    you know how its feel ........ any sugestions ?!

but very happy to go this far any way :smoking:

thanks for u all guys

q82lovely

Attached Files:

10. your plant is stretching. You either need more lights or move your lights closer

11. lookin a lot better with the white walls man, nice one. you lst on it to get those lower branches going? stretching not too bad now, but best to 'nip it in the bud' (rar!) and get the lights a bit closer. with the one plant, maybe you could continue to lst; itll save on room in your space (plant will at least double during flowering), and provide a host more budding sites... good luck man, and +rep for listening to my advice!

12. The soil is good, you could also use Jiffy potting soil at Walmart for 3 bucks, thats what I did. The plant needs more light and focus it above the plant putting them as close as possible without burning. Try to get about 4k lumens or more per plant, but 3k lumens is acceptable. If you need mroe light try some 42 watt=150 watt Compact Fluorescent Lights.

13. thanks alot guys & nice to have you with me

this what i did so far :

* my plant now is repotted in abig gar
    * i bought 2 65w cfls

* i noticed that the leafs are pending down side
    do you think its from the shock (repotting ) & how long it will take ?

my place temp 21.5 C to 24 C
    but i feel alittle cold in side some times
    is it ok to leave it in bed room since i hate darkness !
    and also i only got one plant to watch for ?

q82lovely
    always :smoking:

Attached Files:

14. Are you sure it doesn't have time release nutes? Scotts brand uses osmocote on their grass seed and I believe that the scotts company owns osmocote, miracle-gro,roundup,ortho,etc...
    I steer clear of that stuff, no control. Although I noticed Miracle-Gro released an organic soil recently, it's made from peat moss, bark, and pastuerized poultry litter/feathers. Which just means it will organically burn the shit out of your plants (if they're seedlings).

"Morp was talking about the foil on the walls and how it creates hotspots. Not CFLs"

I think he meant CFL's don't create intense enough light for the foil to make hot spots. They make plenty of light right next to the plant, but it's more diffused, and light degredation means it wouldn't warm a flies butt bouncin off the foil.

my place temp 21.5 C to 24 C
    but i feel alittle cold in side some times
    is it ok to leave it in bed room since i hate darkness !
    and also i only got one plant to watch for ?

Your place has a perfect temp for them, your bedroom sounds fine. Your box is going to need to be light proof when it's time to flower. Move those lights a little closer!

15. thanks InvisibleSmoke i changed the foil box to white paper all over it as u can see

the leafs espacially down leafs start to die
    the coulor became dark brown also !

any idea well be precitated

ps . soory for bad english :D

q82lovely
    always :smoking:

Attached Files: