is this soil good for a seedling?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by BigBud42O, Jun 13, 2012.

1. I know its not the most ideal but its all I have. I took a large flower pot that had some healthy plants and ripped them out. The soil is dark and airy. I think it might be MG with time release because there's a bunch of little gel filled balls in it. So my questions are...

Can I use this soil for a seedling? I just germinated some seeds.

Also I have two options to start the plants, either on my windowsill, or directly outside right away, which one? Growing inside is not an option.

2. [quote name='"BigBud42O"']I know its not the most ideal but its all I have. I took a large flower pot that had some healthy plants and ripped them out. The soil is dark and airy. I think it might be MG with time release because there's a bunch of little gel filled balls in it. So my questions are...

Can I use this soil for a seedling? I just germinated some seeds.

Also I have two options to start the plants, either on my windowsill, or directly outside right away, which one? Growing inside is not an option.[/quote]

IMO your asking for trouble using that soil. For one it's second hand so you don't know what's in it plus the time release mg soils aren't advisable to use on seedlings or any weed plant.. good luck anyways...

3. I'm with golden. Used soil has salt build ups, other by products, and leftover nutes that can cause some issues for you. Remember, you get what you give. Spend a little $ and grab a quality soil. My.02

4. I agree with you guys as well. for the cost of even a very cheap bag of soil you could save the headache. The little babies don't even really need fertilizer before the 3rd or 4th set of true leaves from my experience and that miracle grow can be fairly harsh. As for the planting question, I have done both with success, You may want to bring them in at night and when it rains as they are a bit fragile to strong wind, rain and temperatures as seedlings. if you put them out, keep them up off the ground if there is slugs and other pests, they dont take long to destroy a baby.

5. Just spend a bit for some ideal marijuana soil such as FFOF.