Is this slow growth?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Barkerc88, Aug 4, 2017.

1. What soil are you using? Also what's your runoff? I personally never test runoff I grow in ffof though and they have pretty good soil... I just make sure the ph I'm giving is 6.0-6.3 buttttt I'd recommend just flushing the soil real nice with ph'd water until the runoff is where you want it... I'd imagine that'd work fine though I'm sure there are also others that'll lower the ph to compensate but again I have no personal experience with it so you may want to wait for someone else to chime in.

Grow journal

2. Also you should consider a scrog... I'm going to be switching up to one next grow myself... Im working with a 4x2x4 so I don't have much upwards room either. I keep my plants under two foot and next grow I plan on vegging them a lot longer and really getting a nice bushy canopy with a scrog and really try to up my yield. You can always make sure own just tie some twine or string together and zip tie it to the sides of the tent

(Just now saw the other post mentioning it lol my bad)

Grow journal

3. I'm using foxfarm soil for 1 plant and I have another in a DWC hydroponic bucket.

4. I really doubt you should have to worry about your fox farms runoff... idk I never have anyhow nor has my buddy.

Hell I actually mix garden lime into my mix as well which raises ph too lol

Grow journal

• Like Like x 1
  5. The weed game is dead

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

6. They look about the same size mine were at a month and they have doubled in size the last 2 weeks I wouldn't worry...the dwc plant should probably be bigger though I think...[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. #27 loki125, Aug 6, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
    look ite to be honest the reason your not seeing much height is the intense blue light.
    red lights elongates cells blue keep them low and bushy if you add some reds you may notice they get bit of vertical growth

Sent from my SM-G950F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. how high is the ph if you grow with chemical nutes its best to watxh it if you grow with bottles orgainics then i allow my microherd to watch my ph so i dont have too

9. 2 oz off 2 under 200w shoyld be easily doable mate i hit 1gpw off led but as ledrob says dont flip too quick get 1/3ya height and space then flip
    its all one plant

this one i grew under 350w led mars 2 pro but had to dimm the lights 350w this is just after flip [​IMG]

and couple weekd before cut
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  10. I don't know much about lights. I just put the Veg light on because it says veg. Should I turn the flower light on as well?

11. Wouldn't hurt and as Loki said the reds could possibly aid in it stretching some... could also raise the lights a bit... I like short and bushy plants man I'm jealous of them...

Grow journal

12. My goal is to keep them short and busy, I just feel like I've been vegging forever now.

13. add flower till there bit taller then lst them if there getting too tall go back to blue until flip in flower you want both untill last week of flower.
    if the fans run on just bloom too ( some led pannels dont) then the last week of flower run just reds to make them dense up :)

14. Thanks for the tip man! Is it fine to leave my tent door open while the lights are on? I'm having a little trouble with heat, when I seal the tent with the light on. Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  15. Yeah of course you can, just don't forget during lights off

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  16. Yeah that's not a problem to leave it open while lights on, mainly to keep it close during dark period to avoid light leaking inside, preventing stress :)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

17. Thanks man! With the lights on and door open I keep my temperature right at 77 degrees, humidity around 43-55%. When the lights go off, I always zip the door shut, so there's not way light can enter.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Hey one more question for y'all.. would it be wise to invest in a chiller for my DWC bucket?

19. I've read that it's a good way to make sure you don't run into root zone probs...from what I read it would be a good investment...from experience...no damn idea haha

First grow