Is this setup OK? Next step?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Issue313, Apr 19, 2009.

1. Here's my current setup, some of these plants are about two weeks old, the rest are about one week old. The white bulb is a 35W Eco Pal, the yellow is an 11W Phillips soft spectrum bulb. At the bottom is an air filter, I removed the filter attachment, and I can reattach it if necessary. The floor is lined with white A3 drawing paper.I also have an incandescent flood light, about 100W, not pictured, for heat and extra light, I'll upgrade to a CFL flood light system soon. I'd like to keep this grow CFL only to keep costs down. I am on a 220V system, heat isn't a major issue as it's a cold house. The thermometer reads 24C, but it's directly under the incandescent light. The burnt plant is from when I used a metal tube to start plants, and the CFL bulb touched it. I dumped that system, although it did actually work. How long before I need to up the lighting?

Attached Files:

2. so thies are my thoughts on your little setup here.
    it looks like it fucking hot as hell in that box, your plants look burt. seccond try not to plant more that one plant in a pot because you dont want the roots to tangle with eachother, that would be shitty and to me it looks like there old enough that they probably lready have. if ur gona grow that many plants u need a larger space and a hell of a lot more light. that is a nice bulb though what is it?

so on to your seedling, a couple look good, then a couple look stretched. they are telling you that they want more light. daylight cfl r the way to go. they should be 2 in away give or take. what kind of soil are u using.

3. #3 Issue313, Apr 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2009
    I started them on a windowsill, I planned to grow them mainly through natural light, but they started stretching and not doing very well, so I moved them in.

The grow area is actually very cold, today with the floodlight off it was down to 17C (62F) I added in two more CFLs to see them through the night. Tomorrow I'll pay a visit to the hardware store and get a real fan and additional lighting. I'll get rid of the case, or maybe use it as a propagator or something.

The bulb is a 35W Eco Pal, it is fantastic, I need to buy more of them. EDIT: Seems Eco Pal are an Irish company, the model is a "Lotus" http://ecopal.ie/cfl-bulbs.asp

Soil is Peat Moss mixed with garden soil. Yeah, I know, I suck. The younger ones have cow manure added in, just an experiment. I'm trying different things. I've ordered more seeds from SeedBoutique, so it won't be too terrible if some more die.

4. hey man good call on that lotus, i looked it up and im liking that shit. u have a daylight 6500 or 6400k right?
    how much was that and whared ya get it.
    so the only think i am curious abute is why u got some brown leaves if its not to hot then sumthing els isnt balanced. what oil are u using?

5. The brown leaved one is recovering, one fatality, the one with the broken stem died today.

Ecopals are €11 for 35w around here, I got some more in a local hardware store. Heres my updated setup. I have 1x35w soft white(very left), 3x35w daylight up above, one 20w daylight down below, and a 2x25w CFL floodlight on the right. The closet is dazzling to look into. I hope I have enough lights though.

Attached Files:

6. Nurse them back dude - U can do it!!

7. those lights that you are using need to be 3 to 4 inches away better if they are 3 inches. make sure u have a fan blowing on and around the lights to keep your plants cool. in a nut shell keep yourlights close and keep your plants kool. around 75 -80is perfect