is this sentence legit?

Discussion in 'General' started by Buzzwell420, Dec 10, 2013.

1. "[SIZE=11pt]We will unite the town by connecting the Prescott College community with the local community creating strong bonds that will inspire the greater Prescott college community"[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Grant application[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=11pt]There are the [/SIZE]Residual[SIZE=11pt] program and people that like attend school here but are from all over the world and country.(greater)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]do i need a comma?[/SIZE]

2. [SIZE=10pt]Social Justice/Equity:[/SIZE] [SIZE=10pt]How will it help to build healthy organizations and/or communities?[/SIZE] Prescott Arizona's diversity allows for a reflection of a lot of a country's imbalances as a whole. Poverty consciousness and poor health does not discriminate. Connecting Families and helping to provide a non-anxious presence will reflect and help break the cycle of poverty (consciousness?)(* . Dream Big will level the playing field when it comes to access to quality education, time, and resources. We will unite the town by connecting the Prescott College community with the local community creating strong bonds that will inspire the greater Prescott college community. 

3. #3 Kuollut, Dec 10, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
    maybe after community like

We will unite the town by connecting the Prescott College community with the local community, creating strong bonds that will inspire the greater Prescott college community

but just my input, i would write it like this

By connecting the Prescott College community with the local community, we will unite the town and create strong bonds that will inspire the greater Prescott college community

4. ok ok ill play with it

5. yeah i guess its more professional

6. [SIZE=10pt]·[/SIZE]       [SIZE=10pt]Ecological Sustainability:[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] In the first phase Dream Big will cooperate with Tri city taxi because of their support of sustainable energy. With a focus on nutrition awareness students will learn about local and organic foods and guidance on how to use the resources they are already given. Dream Big will work with New Frontiers and Natural Grocers in effort to connect the community with Companies that support healthy lifestyle awareness.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=10pt]·[/SIZE]       [SIZE=10pt]Social Justice/Equity:[/SIZE] [SIZE=10pt]How will it help to build healthy organizations and/or communities?[/SIZE] Prescott Arizona's diversity allows for a reflection of a lot of a country's imbalances as a whole. Poverty consciousness and poor health does not discriminate. Connecting Families and helping to provide a non-anxious presence will reflect and help break the cycle of poverty. Dream Big will level the playing field when it comes to access to quality education, time, and resources. By connecting the Prescott College community with the local community, we will unite the town and create strong bonds that will inspire the greater Prescott College Community.

[SIZE=10pt]·[/SIZE]       [SIZE=10pt]Economic Efficiency:[/SIZE] [SIZE=10pt]How does it help or contribute to sustainable economic development? Dream big will demonstrate economic efficiency from utilizing time and resources donated by many local establishments and from other national organizations that support sharing a healthy lifestyle and quality education.  Dream Big will ignite the youth and give them to tools to achieve goals far beyond their current convictable capacity. Dream Big will provide guidance on use of families current available resources.[/SIZE]

7. provide sanctuary or provide a sanctuary 

i added some punctuation and swtiched some things around in the quote homie.  use it if you want

i think its provide sanctuary

10. Look at buzz gettin all smart an shit

11. I wanted to go to that school actually

12. my bro got his masters from prescott, neat

no comment on the sentance though, seems fine to me

13. i would add "thereby" or "in order to" create strong bonds etc...but all in all looks good brother. Does not appear to require a comma since it's a full sentence. Looks legit.

14. #14 llllllllll, Dec 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2013
    Didn't read any other replies in the thread but this is how I would structure the sentence.

We will unite the town by connecting the Prescott College community with the local neighborhoods in hopes to create strong bonds that will inspire a greater Prescott college atmosphere

I felt like you used the word community too many times so I changed 2 of its 3 instances to neighborhoods and atmosphere.. maybe you could find better words to use though

15. #15 toker789, Dec 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2013
    The word community seems overused. Synonyms maybe? Just my .02. Maybe....... We strive to integrate the communities of Prescott college and the local populace, encouraging social and intellectual growth.

so in this instance
    there is the on campus undergrad = Pc community
    and the adult degree program= Greater Prescott college community.
    it is ok to repeat since of the perimeters i need to meet.

I could post up the whole plan but heres the thesis/vison 
    "In dedication to all the help I have received I am creating the Dream Big youth program. A program that will be a living example of healthy lifestyle awareness. We will secure the basic needs of underprivileged families of Prescott Arizona. Connect them with quality and self-empowering education to serve as a launch pad for self-actualization. We will teach reframing and use of the imagination to help student use their current situation as fuel to create big dreams that align with their passion.  Dream big will bring strength and awareness to the mind body spirit connection through cooperation with local healthy lifestyle schools of discipline such Brazilian Jujitsu, Yoga, Gymnastics, and lessons given by Prescott college faculty. Practices that are dynamic, holistic, and grounding.

17. I wish it was more clear to me but Im the only the man with the dream

18. OP will be fucked when someone reads the proposal, looks it up on google, and sees that it was edited on grasscity and created by some dude named "reefer brain"

19. highlight changed?