Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is this schizophrenia or am I just getting stoned

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by bdk2jw, Mar 24, 2014.

1. okay so I sometimes get a few schizophrenic thoughts whenever I get really baked. There's no schizophrenia in my family so I'm not that concerned, but it is worrisome to me somewhat. Sometimes when I'm stoned I start envisioning a person in my head. Not anyone I know, its always imaginary. I'm always aware that I'm just imagining it and I don't believe its real / hear it or anything (although at first I never really think about it). Thats basically it honestly. I just don't know if I should stop smoking for a while or if its all in my imagination

2. It could be the potency of the bud.
    I had some bud that smelled like musky hash, I loaded a bowl of that shit and damn I lifted off.
    Paranoia, the whole shebang.
    I actually started having auditory hallucinations, and the anxiety/paranoia turned it into 'voices', it was pretty much like having two paths of thought, one that was thinking 'jesus christ im high' and the other 'haha, youre high as fuck! Fucking idiot!'
    It was a weird ass high. The reason I believe this happened was because it was when I was younger, it was super potent bud and I was smoking in the Same house as my mom. She didn't care, but I was still a little weirded out by how understanding and chill she was about it at first. I was like 17 when that happened.
    The fact my mom was only recently accepting of my smoking, still provoked anxiety. So I just took a shower and got out and I was cool, baked and no more anxiety or weird ass voices.

You aren't schizo, but keep in mind marijuana is a mild hallucinogenic, and if you know anything about hallucinogens, if theyre potent enough you can experience a mental illness mimicking. Basically what this means, is that if you take LSD, shrooms, DMT, or smoke very potent marijuana, it can basically mirror the symptoms of mental illness. Schizophrenia, bipolar, etc.

But this doesnt mean you are ill, its only a temporary effect when you've crossed your line.
    Ive experienced it with both very potent weed and hallucinogens.

If you read DMT: the spirit molecule, they actually speak on this matter.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Here's a few things you can do to avoid this.
    * Smoke with close friends
    * Don't go beyond your boundaries. Don't smoke too much....
    *you need to be in a good state of mind, and a positive environment. If you're in another person's house that doesnt approve of smoking, like your parents, dont do it inside.
    * smoke outdoors on a nice day, in a secluded area. Maybe on some private land if you can. Or by mountains. Etc.
    * try meditating, it will balance your mind, thoughts, and emotions.
    * if your problem persists, try a t break
    Hope this helps.

4. #4 bdk2jw, Mar 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2014
    I smoke basically everyday so I'm used to most of this. This problem is mostly recent, but I'm sure it is anxiety (I have anxiety problems that have calmed down, but seem to be picking back up). Last time I started getting anxiety when I smoked I had to take a tbreak for a few months. Looks like I'll have to do it again :p (or just smoke indicas, this shit I picked up was def some strong sativa..)

5. Dude, I'm on that same boat. Racing thoughts, strong strong anxiety and mild depression.
    However, I'm on month eight clean of benzos. I wonder how much of that could be contributing

a t break would be good.
    Good luck bro

6. Weed tech at your service lol

7. Nothing to be concerned with...In high doses most psychoactive substances can do that. Hell, even sleep deprivation has it's crazy vibes.

8. In b4 Cball says something about telling you you're crazy and to go see some doctor cuz weed's not psychedelic.  :laughing: 

Weed's a potent psychedelic in high doses, I'm going to refrain from saying certain unmentionables, but it can definitely mimic certain unmentionables in high doses: depending on strain.

And when I mean "high" doses, I mean "HIGH" doses, relative to your tolerance.

9. #9 shaddytheman, Mar 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2014
    Sativas are one hell of a strain. 

10. There's a voice in my head...but it's mine. Sometimes I think fucked up things, very critical things of myself, sometimes songs get stuck in my head so bad it makes me angry as hell lol. But, there have been like two times I was strung out on unmentionables, been up for days....and literally heard a different voice. No control of it. I can't remember what I heard but it was like laughing or some other shit. Freaky shit though.

11. You are the person in your head
    That isn't schizophrenia, you're just thinking too much

12. same shit happened to me about a week ago, i mixed alcohol with weed, i was tripping balls, no worries though it only happeneds a few times

13. I'm sorry but if you're seeing anything from any "hallucinogenic" drugs you need to stop. I've done them all and nothing should be making someone actually see something. Shrooms will give off slight color visuals but there's a reason our brains see stuff, all the chemical reactions and balances are thrown out of proportion and caused you to see what you did. I would stop or try a different strain. Something not so heavy in THC.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. I think you need distractions, My thoughts will RACE if I smoke by myself and dont really have anything to occupy myself with.

15. ........hallucinogens definitely have strong visuals youre just not taking anything fresh and potent lol

16. I think you're just stoned.