Is this safe to use as a bong slide?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by stealthisalias, Mar 8, 2009.

1. Ok i wanted to try salvia but the bowl of my bong slide broke off. So what i did was i went to home depot to find something cheap to use as a bowl and bought this. Iforgot to see what metal it is though so im wondering if its safe or not.

I dont know the name of it but i know that the thing is used to plug into this plastic tubing, it was also relaitvley cheap about 1.45. aND the size of it is like 3/4s.

bigass pic sorry

http://img11.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mailgooglecomsyy.jpg

2. I wouldnt want to, but If your doing it only once, what the heck.

Can't you just get a cheap-o grommet slide for liek $5-$10 anyway?

3. #3 stealthisalias, Mar 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2009
    not old enough and the thing is for pex sewage pipe or something like that. its what comes up online

4. get ready to be banned. people keep saying their under 18 jeez

5. #5 stealthisalias, Mar 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2009

age is 19 to buy it not 18?

for any tobacco related product including lighters on long island, the age is 19.

6. don't you mean you couldn't buy one because you don't live near a head shop???? (trying to save you here - edit your post)

edit - didn't realize that the age is 19. my bad.

7. my bad for misundersatandin

8. just put a lighter to it and if it smokes then its no good you should do this with all metals

9. I've been smoking out of brass and copper from the plumbing section for years. Yes it's safe and allows for many variations for homemade contraptions. ie. Grubblers, GB's, steamrollers (using PVC but when it gets res'd up get rid of it), Naders, just about anything...

10. i heated it up wit a lighter for 30 seconds and it just turned black. no fumes or nything came off it.

11. Super glue the top of the bowl back on man thats what i did to mine when it broke just like that lol.

12. ....Whats that tube even made of? how would you attach that bowl to it?

no.

13. It looks like brass, I'm pretty sure thats ok to smoke out of cause I think they make brass screens and pipes. Whoever said they smoke out of copper though i'm pretty sure thats really bad for you.