is this right?!?!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by chasejordon, May 8, 2017.

1. this is my baby, she's a feminized autoflower, the strain is crystal meth. 2 weeks old. this is my first grow and i decided to do some LST. is this correct?!

Attached Files:

2. Child abuse. I personally would not LST anything until it has at least 4-5 nodes. I too will LST the whole plant when it reaches 15-18", but at that point I am freeing up 5 or so nodes for a chance to become one of the main colas.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. newbie, sorry, but what exactly is a node?

4. never mind. sorry for the dumb question, i looked it up. any ways, do you think it's doing more damage then good? all the research i've done says for the best yeild to start when they're younger (first couple true leaves). but i don't want to hurt her

5. Every set/pair of new leaves and I do not count the first set. Yours are working on their third. If this is your first grow, I personally would just let them be.

6. mind if i ask another question? i'm also growing another autoflower, skunk #1. 2 weeks old. it has beautiful growth going on, but what i'm concerned about is the length of the stem. the plant is two and a half inches, but the bottom leaves almost sit on top of the soil the stem is so short. i have a 400watt MH 18 inches away, it started out 2 feet away. she okay?

Attached Files:

7. Just let your plants do their thing bro, they look healty and that's all that matters ! Good luck

Only you can free your mind

• Like Like x 1
  8. image.jpg Not sure who would say to do it after the couple nodes...in this case it might afford you 2 main branchings...i.e. a branch coming off each of the nodes. As mentioned I wait until it has 5 or so nodes and thus I open it up to have 5 or so main branches.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ok, so the rule is with autos...normally.
    No topping or fimming
    No transplant....normally
    Very little LST if any.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

10. how do you go about it? just bend the top over?

11. could put a could high watt cfl on each side of want to promote branch growth. i had a plant grown on the side of a 85watt cfl since people put the comparable watts sometimes it was 300 lmfao but it was growing them quick. i clipped mine off though cause its not an auto and want to try the true mainline training.

12. I lop the top off the main stem first and then, yes, I bend the whole plant over until most is horizonital and tie it down. Generally I am doing this after putting them in their final 5gl poly bag pot.

13. what would you recommend? a cfl on both sides of the plant? what wattage would be best? would you keep that low, like right above the pot, or move it up as it grows?

14. 2.5x2.5 space. what do you think of 5 plants under a 400 watt hps system with wing reflector. 1 in middle and 4 around it, with 4 cfl lamps around the outside?

15. Way too crowded. I do 6 in a 4'x6' and it is packed.

16. what about 4? do autos usually grow much wider then their pots?

17. Not an auto guy...i would hope. Probably depends on strain.