Is this Powdery mildew?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by GreenMachine420, May 18, 2011.

1. its been pretty rainy lately here in the south east with warm days and cool nights. my plants had some white powder appear this morning and i need to know if its powdery mildew... any holes you see in the leafs were caused by earwigs which i recently took care of. thanks for the help

Attached Files:

2. Probably is, but I could be wrong.
    My bubba kush has the same problem. It's been killing all my bottom shit, is it bad to smoke powdery mildew bud? even if tops are unaffected?

3. There are a couple different types of fungus it could be. My first question though would be are there and small small black looking bugs on the underside of the leaves or any white balls (eggs)?

Powdery mildew full blown looks like powdered sugar when in its full stage.

Low PH water will get ride of powdery mildew. at least keep it at bay

4. So distilled then?
    I'm in my 3rd week of flowering, and it's on the bottom of my plants.
    I've heard many methods, even sprayed the plants when they were vegging with the special soap...my last resort i've heard is burning sulfur??...fuck man.

5. yeah if it is powdery mildew It cant survive if the ph at the leaf is lower than 6 or higher than 8.2 i believe. U can make ur leaf PH low/high by sprain with water with the desire PH. Use a wetting agent as well. Or Baking soda and water with a wetting agent works well. But the biggest thing is, is to keep your humidity under 45% and get a lot of fans to blow around the under growth.

6. Im to stoned to fully explain everything well right now but look both techniques on google and im sure some one will explain it very well.
    sry i cant explain it well,
    medicali
    OG

7. Hell yeah man thanks a lot.
    After I tested on a small area, it looked like the baking soda binded to where the mildew was? I'm also keeping my humidity very low.
    How long will the mildew take to be completely gone?

8. It wont ever be completely gone those spores (powder) will hide everywhere. To my understanding once a plant has powdery mildew it always had it inside the plant but the visible powder will only show itself when the environment is right (high humidity low air movement). B4 I got my air conditioner i had powder mildew and battled it. My buds didn't suffer at all, but that being said I did treat with High PH water every 3 days. If you remove some fan leaves to free up some space that can help a ton too. Put a couple more fans in the room and lower your lights if you can. powdery mildew doesnt like a lot of light. Baking soda is good but If your past week 3 flower I wouldn't use it. I used baking soda when i first got powdery mildew and used it in week 4.5/10 flowering and didn't taste it.