Is this possible?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by gones_forum, Oct 9, 2004.

1. can you just use normal lightbulbs to just start the seedlings off right before moving them outdoors?or do you need the fluros?

2. not advisable, or atleast i wouldnt do it any longer than a day, but of course thats me. its always best to just have what you need when starting up. its less to worry about. im assuming you want the plant to be developed before putting outdoors. if you try to use an incandescent to grow, the plant will be very underdeveloped and perhaps sick and will not make it outdoors because of its poor treatment its first couple of weeks.

3. HIGH All, what NaughtyDread^^^said.

4. Well when would be a good time to start?aroung early june?(I live in PEI Canada)theirs usually a frost around mid september..

5. if you wanted a larger plant to start with, id start germinating and vegn in march, the plants, under the right light condition could be ready to go in the dirt middle of april, maybe a little later in april since youre so far north. a larger plant of course has a better chance of survival, spend a couple of bucks on some cfl's, they work very well for vegn and will most definetly help you establish healthy plants for next years outdoor run:)

6. but if i couldn't start the plants indoors, when would be a good time to start them outdoors?