Is this plant flowering?

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Aragorn420, May 28, 2012.

1. Hi. Please help me confirm gender on this plant. Royal Hash from M-S.nl (18 day old plant, 12/12 from seed)

I know the plant is young, but that new growth at the top is something different. I have 15 plants growing and most are showing like they are about to flower (little pointy things
    are shooting from under the nodes) but this is the first plant to show unusual/white-ish growth from the top.

Thanks. :smoke:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Seems like it has started flowering, unfortunately it's looks like it could possibly be a male. Pics aren't focused enough to say for certain though.

3. [quote name='"Budderball"']Seems like it has started flowering, unfortunately it's looks like it could possibly be a male. Pics aren't focused enough to say for certain though.[/quote]

I would agree but genetics are they autos 12/12 from seed lol they small and flowering but looks a little Malish to me at moment

4. This was a free seed from marijuana-seeds.nl so even if I get a 1-gram raisin bud from this plant, hey that's a day's personal smoke for me and this thing takes up
    virtually no space in my tent. And if its male, no big deal - my smallest plant gets culled! Woo! It was supposed to get culled anyway LOL.

Its in a 10 Oz container. I figure if it were a female I would "upgrade"" it to a 16oz party cup LOL.

So strange that my smallest/youngest/runt'iest plant is starting to show first! Gotta love the randomness of genetics!

[​IMG]

5. They aren't SUPPOSED to be autos, LOL. I got 5 free seeds of this hybrid Royal Hash (Moroccan Hash X OG Kush purportedly) and germed 2 of them. This was the weaker seedling of the 2. I was going to only keep the best 6 seedlings out of the 15 I started, but then I decided what the hell...I'll just keep the rest is small containers til they sex before thinning any out.

6. I snapped a few more pics.

Should I remove this plant from my tent - and put it (temporarily) in a separate box with 1-2 CFL until I am 100% sure its male?

How long before pollen drops?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. I went back in my tent and carefully inspected all of my plants again, now that I have a better idea of what to look for (flowering).

I have another plant flowering, and GO FIGURE....this is runt #2! A dwarf White Rhino (m-s.nl)!!

Would be cool if both of my runts turned out to be a sexed pair - a M and a F. Then I'd put these 2 runts in a growbox of their own and run a crop of seeds - selection based on early flowering and small plants. I'd put these seeds aside for a rainy day, maybe during the winter when I tend to become bored and become like Doc Brown (mad scientist)!

Gender, anyone?:confused:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. *BUMP*

Someone in another thread (http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-m...ittle-white-rhino-flowering-19-days-seed.html) thinks the above White Rhino is a male.

Any second opinions? Can anyone tell if either the above White Rhino or the (newly posted pics in this thread) Royal Hash are showing sex yet?

For now, I have put both of these plants in a separate grow space until I confirm sexing.

9. Would have been pretty cool breeding your runts, but that one is looking like it might be a male too:(. It typically takes several weeks for the males flowers to mature and drop pollen. It's always good to know for sure before chopping, but keeping them in with your females until then is like playing a game of Russian roulette, it only takes one. I think you'd be fine giving them another day or two to see more definite signs of sex, but that separate cardboard box would give you the peace of mind.

10. Thanks, friend. If the White Rhino is male, then that's the one I want pollen from. I've got both of these little buggers quarantined in their own box for the time being.

I will keep this thread going and I'll add pics for all 15 of my plants as they begin to show (instead of starting 15 separate threads LOL).

11. I removed both of these suspected males OUT of my tent and into a separate grow box. male quarantine area, 'til I confirm 100% male sexing. Though I may keep the little Rhino even if he's male.

12. Word, better safe than sorry. They're good for breeding due to high CBDs. Just be careful no pollen hitches a ride on you to your ladies.

13. I have similar concerns on my first grow.
    Lowryder #2 in 7.5 litre pot outdoors in UK.
    Yours is a little more advanced than mine so I'll watch your tread.

14. Both the Royal Hash pictured top thread and my runted White Rhino were indeed males. Both of 'em got the chop. I decided that I don't want to deal with pollen now...after I move to my much bigger grow space within the next year, then I'll have tons more space and more time to experiment.

Its all good about the males. They were my weakest plants, and I still have 13 plants and I confirmed 1 female today (also a Royal Hash) and the dozen others are all beginning to flower and just sex any day.

15. I'm fairly sure it's flowering but am uncertain of gender. All opinions welcome.
    Lowryder #2 28 days old.
    No risk to any femails as oldest plant.
    Any suggestion for nutes now flowering?
    Found jar of Turkish grape molasses in store cupboard, any use?

Attached Files:

16. That is a male, and for future reference...it's rude to hijack someone's thread with your own inquiries.

17. Apologies for may lack of manners.
    Didn't want to start thread that already existed.

18. No problem. I'm smoking Purple Kush at the moment, so it would take a lot to make me mad. ;-)