Is this over fertilizing?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Mega Death, Jan 17, 2007.

1. I moved my plants from vegetation to flower 4 days ago and noticed quickly that the leaf tips were starting to curl down like a claw and some of the leaf edges are starting to looked a bit burnt too. And, there is even spots where tender vegetation has been affected.

In the vegetation room I fed them a steady mix of Pure Grow Pro 3-1.5-4 at full strength for three weeks before moving to flower. When moved into flower they were 48 days old and kick'n.<O:p
    I didn't think any problem would occur with feed, so I continued using the same fertilizer at full strength, but something when wrong. I've since cut the strength in half. Trying to stop the problem.<O:p</O:p
    <O:p
    How long should it take before a noticeable change in plant health will happen?<O:p
    I might as well ask this too since I am here, at what point during flowering, should I start to think about a bloom booster of some sort?<O:p</O:p
    Peace
    <O:p</O:pMD<O:p</O:p

Attached Files:

2. flower using lower nitrogen % compared to potassium and phosphorus,

looks like you need to check your ph

3. Yes indeed, I agree with you in the lower nitrogen.

As for the pH level, I keep that in check with daily test (I have too) because of the hard water where I live. I keep it at 5.8 and try never to let it go above 6.2.

Peace

MD

4. Hydro right, no tds meter, right. Burnt plant of course. 2 things:

1. growing in hydro without the proper monitoring tools is paramount to plant suicide. I'll put a link at the bottom of this post for a good general purpose feeding schedule with an explanation on TDS meters and pH meters along with the best settings.

2. Feeding requirements change rapidly when you switch from veg to flower, I'll bet everything was fine first day or 2. Use the pure grow bloom ferts, also if your not using a suppliment for micronutrients you should be.

http://www.bghydro.com/BGH/static/articles/0406_tdspH.asp

And this is my hydro grow:http://forum.grasscity.com/general-indoor-growing/131440-12-12-harvest-pics-update-weekly.html

5. Hydro correct, no TDS correct...correct too. The TDS meter is on my list, but for now the reservoir is changed out every 7 days to prevent the concentration build up.

Thanks for the links; I'll check them out,<O:p
    Peace<O:p
    MD