is this normal ?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by smokinjane, Dec 18, 2012.

1. [quote name='"bmeat"']"rBGH (recombinant bovine growth hormone)

Main article: Bovine somatotropin

Monsanto developed and sold recombinant bovine somatotropin (also known as rBST and rBGH), a synthetic hormone that increases milk production by 11-16% when injected into cows.[88][89] In October 2008, Monsanto sold this business, in full, to Eli Lilly for a price of $300 million plus additional consideration.[90]

The use of rBST has been controversial, as described on the Bovine somatotropin page.

In some markets, milk from cows that are not treated with rBST is sold with labels indicating it is rBST-free; this milk has proved popular with consumers.[91] In reaction to this, in early 2008 a pro-rBST advocacy group called "American Farmers for the Advancement and Conservation of Technology" (AFACT),[92] made up of dairies and originally affiliated with Monsanto, formed and began lobbying to ban such labels. AFACT stated that "absence" labels can be misleading and imply that milk from cows treated with rBST is inferior.[91] The organization was dissolved in 2011 but its website is still accessible.[93]
    "

great..[/quote]

I'm not normally anti corporate but those guys are bad news. They have been knowingly poisoning communities and even their own employees for decades. Not too mention suing farmers and a multitude of other problems.

Even if their soil didn't suck I still wouldn't buy it.

2. are you serious? theyre advertised the exact opposite.

i hate guys like that. profit>life

3. [quote name='"bmeat"']are you serious? theyre advertised the exact opposite.

i hate guys like that. profit>life[/quote]

Yea, here is a small exert from an article about one of their dumping grounds. You could go on and on with examples of their "ethics"

"Unknown to the people of Anniston their town had knowingly been given a death sentence by Monsanto. Monsanto had routinely discharged toxic waste into a west Anniston creek and dumped PCB into oozing open-pit landfills. This continued even after Monsanto managers in 1966 discovered that fish submerged in that creek turned belly-up within 10 seconds, spurting blood and shedding skin as if dunked into boiling water. If there is one thing that we have learned about Monsanto it is that they never let a bit of pollution or morals get in the way of making a profit. They have proved time and time again that no price is too high to pay when it comes to achieving their goals even when the price is that of human lives. Monsanto company memos reveal that in 1969 fish in another creek were found to have 7500 times the legal PCB levels. Despite this obvious danger to both health and the environment the memos reveal that the company’s conclusion was that “there was no reason to go to expensive extremes in limiting discharge form the plant” (Grunewald, 2002). Once again they decided to keep their findings quiet."

http://endthelie.com/2011/12/01/are...labama-when-they-knowingly-poisoned-the-town/

4. we disconnect, like this is the end

i remember BYOweed telling me something about this i think. i didnt have the sense to ask why.

most companies dump, but when their main asset is pesticide, its bad news bears

dumping chemicals into the earth is one of the direct causes of instability

is epsomas reputation any better?

5. #26 bmeat, Dec 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2012
  6. Save your money go to you local garden center and get planting mix for tomatoes its cheaper and has the same as the more expensive fox farms

7. Hows it growing? smokingjane??