Is this normal? Week 6 of flowering

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Frankffs, Dec 31, 2016.

1. Does my plant look ok for its 6th week of flowering?
    Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Looks like a healthy amount of nutrient burn mixed with some healthly cannibalism. Are you still giving her nutes? When are you going to harvest?

• Like Like x 1
  3. going to harvest in 2 weeks tops,
    last time I gave her water I gave it 1/4 tbs for 2L of water.
    I dont plan on giving any nutes for the next 2 weeks.
    I'll just give plain 6.2 PH water

• Like Like x 2
  4. Is it normal that the leaves are going more and more yellow and eventually wilting?
    Every picture that I see of 7-8 weeks into flowering (next to the harvest date) are without any leaves, just huge buds all over the place. Is it because they shed their leaves to grow the buds?

I just dont want to lose everything soooo close to the goal!! Any hints guys??

• Like Like x 1
  5. If you're using a soil of decent quality for your grow, the nutrients you need to add over and above what are in the soil already is not too much. If you're using a box store soil, you can bet it's loaded to the gills with chemicals straight from the bag. Nutrients don't grow a big healthy plant with fat dense buds...light does that. You can burn one up with nutrients and not get anymore in weight because of it...likely less. But overall, you're not in too bad a shape and the buds look really good on this plant. Just stop with the nutes until you pull the plant. I think it's safe to say you've fed that puppy enough for a flower cycle. LOL We use Roots Organics Original for our grows and I can take a plant from seed/clone to harvest on the soil alone by just repotting the plant into fresh soil and slightly larger container once it's gotten root bound in the old one. The stuff is worth every penny it costs because it keeps me from having to worry about feeding. I repot plants during veg, of course, but it's also not a big deal to repot them while they're flowering too. You always want to let the pot/plant dry out really good before you switch them over because they stay together better as far as the root ball, and it stresses them less. You also don't need to repot a plant unless it's grown larger than the container it's in (wider and taller than). Unless it's root bound in the current container, there is no need for a new one. But pretty good job for a starter and you'll just keep getting better from this point on. Good job. TWW

• Like Like x 2
  6. Yes,as the plant is using up all her sugars etc in the leaves and will no longer be needed as she doesnt need leaves anymore. There are some good advice pages on flowering etc etc. Worth a read if, like myself, you aren't sure of something. Good luck with the harvest

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ok cool! I was worried about the plant because of the leaves wilting but this is good news! Hopefully they'll be ready in the next 1.5 week?

8. If I'm brutally honest, no, not really. It's severely under dosed. I would give it 75% of the maximum dosage on every watering for two weeks and then use empty water for one week after that.

In future try giving your plants 50% dosage in every watering, but if you get any deficiency signs like this again raise it a little. Also, it's worth using veg nutes 2 or 3 weeks in to 12/12 as some flower nutes don't have enough nitrogen to make it all the way to the end. Looking at your plant I'd say the nutes you're using fit this description

9. Ok I will, however for this one, I guess I'll just have to wait till harvest in 1.5 week and do better next time?

10. Are you sure it will be ready in just 1.5 weeks? Most quick flowering strains take 8-10 weeks of 12/12

11. Its an auto short rider.
    The flowering goes from 6 to 8 weeks and by the end of this week i'll be at my 7th week...

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. To be honest I dont know what to do at this point... Some people say that this is normal, others believe it isnt... According to what i've read, I should be good to harvest somewhere around wednesday next week.. More or less.. But I dont want to fuck up!!! :(

13. Only way to be sure is to check the trichomes with a magnifying glass

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  14. Yes, i'll check em up this thursday once I get a magnifying glass. The local hydroponic store was closed due to the holidays

15. Ahh right ok. Sorry, I didn't realise that. So how long ago was germination? I find most autos take 10 weeks, but some can take a few weeks longer

If you definitely only have a week or so to go then don't add nutes now. You probably did let them run low a little early but it's no where near as bad as I first thought. Letting them get nutrient deficient in the last week is standard practice for most growers

• Like Like x 1
  16. Germination took 3 days.
    Veg took 20 days. And flowering started at day 21. I just started week 6.

17. So yeah if were counting 10 weeks from germination... Im nearing the end of week 10

• Like Like x 1
  18. Next week will be week 10 from seed

19. Are the calyxes swollen? Any white pistils left? Do you see many amber trichomes on the calyxes?

If you're going to be harvesting in a few days then I take back all I said about the plants being deficient. They look just how you want them to be at harvest time, I was expecting you to harvest in about 3 weeks from now