Is this Nitrogen Def?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Mattjew, Apr 9, 2012.

1. These two are a bit over a week old. Started from bagseed.

The first two pics are of Mia, who is displaying leaf browning at the tip of those big leaves.

The last is of Susannah who seems to be ok.

Any suggestions?

Also how do they look for being a bit over a week old?

How long before Flowering?

thanks for reading

Attached Files:

2. Sorry I left out a lot of info:

Soil, locally produced with mushroom compost and worm castings among other goodies. The soil had Springtails in it the first time I watered it, which I hear is a sign of good soil. I am sure they were Springtails after researching online. The soil PH was tested at 7.

The water is just tap water, left in a jug to dissipate chlorine from the water. I add a few drops of Lemon Juice to lower the PH, because I read online that the Average PH in this area is 8.5

I water once every 2-3 days depending on how dry it is when I stick my finger deep down. I also spray the top every day a few squirts and sometimes squirt the plants.

Lighting is on 18/6. Each plant has two CFL bulbs on it, 6500K.

No nutrients, but should I start? The only nutes I have are Miracle Gro "Organic" which seems to be 8-0-0.

3. #4 OhioStateBuckeyes, Apr 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2012
    okay......i dont know how to start this off & to say this without coming off as a dick. please do not think i am being a dick, because i am not trying to be at all. just trying to help :)

i was extremely impressed with how you set up your grow, until i got to the last sentence:

why use miracle grow? they are owned by one of the worst corporations in the world: Monsanto. since you are asking for help, i will not go off on a tangent and i will leave you this link for you to read about them, if you are interested.

Monsanto Company Profile

anyways, when you said that about the miracle gro, it scares me. can you tell me the exact brands of soil you purchased & where you purchased them from? for example like wal mart, home depot, the grow store(dont need the specific place if its this), a nursery supply store(not specific), homemade, a friends compost pile, etc.

im just trying to determine the quality of your soil.......the mushroom compost from Wal Mart sucks ass for example.

if you purchased your compost and whatnot from wal mart or home depot.....big stores like that.........well, this grow may not turn out as happy as planned unless you transplant into better soil.

edit: you should read some threads over in the organic growing section!

http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-growing/

-OSUB

4. Don't worry about offending me or coming off rude. I am not at all experienced with this, it is my second grow attempt because the first one failed. The plants never died, but they stopped growing...I flowered them at an inch tall and smoked the bud...needless to say that was lousy. You can find the post on my name somehow.

The soil came from an independent nursery type business. It is a brand new product and the lab test had just came in. This may be important to you: they sell it in a bag, or a "scoop" which is a giant crane scoop full. It cost me about 6$ for the bag. I can get some more info on the soil if you think it's the cause of this discoloration. I was amazed at how fast these grew, just nervous about the coloring and darkening. There is slight drooping too

Now I know about miracle gro. But ive seen results on this forum all the time. I can't locally obtain the fox farms stuff but it was my first choice.

I'm trying to just produce my own bud. I don't care if it's the dankest, but I want a moderate yield. For me that's like 1oz every 6+ months.

5. I wouldn't worry too much about it. The first few leaves are really fragile and can receive damage from a variety of sources. Just make sure your lights aren't too close (about 2 inches for cfl) and don't over/underwater. Pick up the pots and use the weight to gauge moisture content. Nute requirements are hard to judge with an unknown soil. If the leaves get really pale, try quarter or half strength nutes. But I would wait till at least the first 5 finger leaf shows up. Be patient and good luck.