Is this messed up?

Discussion in 'General' started by ColoradoToking, Jan 18, 2013.

1. So this is kinda random but me and my friends toked earlier today and as always, we end up talking about pretty interesting shit haha. So we started talking about on T.V shows, when the actor dies in real life and they make up some sort of death on the show. Then we were thinking, is that messed up? I mean, for example, on a sitcom called 8 Simple Rules the actor who played the father died in real life from a heart attack, and on the show they said he died in a car crash or whatever. It seems that that could be like disrespecting his death in real life? I don't know what do you guys think? This is the type of high conversations me and my friends have haha.

2. how else would you suppose they go about it though?

3. I dont know but is it really more important to have the show make sense then to respect the actors death?

4. i dont see how they're disrespecting their death by doing that they? they still have a memorial and dedicate the show etc to those people, maybe its best not to bring details of a real tragic incident into the shows etc

5. Just when i was watching 8 Simple Rules and the wife was like i know things have been hard since your father died in a car crash, I thought of the real actor and how that could be a bit of disrespect?

6. i get what your saying.

Thats like when people said Heath Ledger died as the Joker. Or somthing like that lol

7. You know what I thought was disrespectful in 8 Simple Rules? The fact that they thought they could keep the story going for so long with David Spade and the Grandpa (who is also famous in real life but his name has slipped my mind)...

I mean, it was still pretty good... But not John Ritter good.

8. They're not talking about the actor though, they're talking about a character. Personally, I can't imagine being actually offended by that.

And granted, 8 Simple Rules wasn't exactly ground breaking TV, but maintaining some semblance of realism in TV/movies is pretty important. I don't really see many other options for how they could deal with it.

Do a memorial to the actor and then continue the show as if the character never existed? That seems far more disrespectful to someone who makes a living trying to bring to life a fictional character.
    Or every time that character is mentioned, they reference that the actor died and that's why the character is gone? That would just be silly.

I think the best thing they can do is try to tackle the situation with class. Show respect to the actor by showing respect to the loss of the character as well. :confused_2:

9. cucuo was hot

10. Idk i didn't think the way they did it was disrespectful at all. I thought it kind of was that they continued the show on with David Spade, who sucks balls, but I thought the way they handled his show on the death was pretty well handled.