Is this legit?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by _Greg, Jan 4, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Hola,

Saw this site popping up in different conversations but still unsure if it's legit. It's called Strainly.
    It's a sort of social seedbank as I understand it, where members connect and share seeds, clones or pollen.
    There seems to be boutique breeders on there, as well as more sought after seeds.

Has anyone tried it ? Do you recommend it ?

Thanks

Greg

2. cool idea, and COULD lead to amazing things. but this is the internet and we are people. scams will happen, unreputable traders will have a longstanding place in the community and it will be difficult to discern good from bad. and how good are we really at keeping track of our genetics/process/and any side notes from EVERY grow weve done. for a system like this to really do something great, and get u.s. genetics on a european level, we all have to act as individual seed reps and create a colossal web of interbreeding. and do a damn good job, or just stay away from it.
    but really how are we going to stop people from selling bagseed or simply just lying about genetics to make a buck. and how would you even know to prevent it from happening to you..... some one can do quite a bit of damage in 60 days, (before you even knew they were lying) and just skip out and make a new account. if you take 5 hours and go through the main grow forums, i bet you could accumulate hundreds of different very popular strains from start to finish, and pass stuff off as "pollen from my aurora indica" "gg#4 seeds, breed to fem"

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Thanks Cosmonaut. I agree with all your points.
    It seems you can leave reviews on that site, so that should reduce a bit the risk and weed out the trash strains. I want to give it a chance because i believe it can help creating that web of interbreeding and allow us in north america to catch up.
    I may take a chance but was hoping for some folks to let me know about their experience with this site.
    thanks again

4. Anyone else on Strainly?
    95% success for me during the past year. I barely go to any other seedbank site now...
    Really love their concept and there's always more genetics available.

What's your experience?

5. I have used strainly numerous times without issue. I am very happy to have found them. Easier than any other seed bank used between 1995 and 2019.

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

6. I came across them on another site and found a nursery selling clones with a seemingly decent number of positive reviews. He has a Super Lemon Haze I took a chance on. It’s in transit right now and he was quick to reply and ship. I will find out down the road when I get a chance to take some cuts and grow them out. Looks pretty cool.