Is this heat stress?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Dmiiser, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Hey guys im about 5 weeks in and everything is going well. I just started seeing this happen yesterday and when i woke today it has become worse.[​IMG][​IMG]

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G920I using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Going to need more info

3. Standard Nute Burn

flush the pot with 3 times the pot volume

with air temp ph'ed water

allow to drain in a dim spot

no more nutes until you see an active recovery

good luck

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sorry about that,

I dont have a grow tent yet but im using:
    - 1 x 150w ufo led
    - 1 x cfl cool white (standard house light)
    - 1 x cfl warm white (standard house light)
    - 1x small fan

Temps sit at roughly 23 degrees.
    Using coco/perlite

The night before i just did a transplant into a bigger pot and used very low amount of nutrients for the first time.
    Ph level was 5.5 when i watered it recently.

Light is on 24 hours.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Looks like you've sprayed them with something. How about some more serious detail about how you're taking care of them. No light hung 3 feet over the plant is going to do that. I see you have the plant in a huge container and in what looks like box-store soil. Regardless, if it's something you bought at the store or some true grow soil, it's ALL got nutrients in it in the beginning and will totally feed your plants for awhile. The more dirt you start a plant in, the more fertilizer in it and the LONGER it will feed your plant. Also, when you put a little plant in a huge container, it takes it a lot longer to root in and get to growing. New growers who don't know how a plant grows think something is wrong and start doing stuff to it like giving it water...which it never needs until it's at least 80-90% dry, or (God forbid) pouring nutes into it. I seriously doubt your plant has even been finished and back to growing for very long and in no way needed nutes, but that looks like some serious nute burn on one of the pics. When you have a question about a plant or anything concerning your plants, along with posting good clear pictures of the problem, please give as much information about how you've been tending the plants as well. It could be a multitude of things and unless we know what you've been doing to it or have done to it, it's just all guesses. I don't think you bothered to do much research or reading up on how to take care of these plants. People spend months researching, asking questions, dreaming about a grow setup. That's only half the process. You can have the finest setup in the world but if you can't keep a plant alive, it'll do you no good. You obviously have internet access, so my suggestion would be to find some good solid "how to keep a plant alive" information and try to learn how to do this the way you should do it. There's definitely more to growing inside than dropping seeds in soil and waiting for the magic to happen.

Now, the most important thing you need to know about an indoor grow. Everything about the plant and how well it grows, how fast it grows, how it puts on buds and what those buds turn out to be in the end, quality wise, is dependent on the lighting that the plant gets throughout it's life. You have to be realistic about just how many plants you can grow under one lamp and have enough light to cover them all. You can harvest more from one plant that gets everything it needs throughout it's life than you can by trying to flower 3 in the same space. This just shades out everything below the canopy and you only get development in the tops.

Just like with anything else you do, before you start something you've never done before, you try to find as much information that will help you as you can...if you're smart. Otherwise, you'll be as lost as a ball in high weeds for awhile and probably kill several plants along the way. At the bottom of the forums page there is a beginner growers thread. Go in it and read the posts at the top called "sticky's." These contain tried and true grow information about several different ways/topics, etc. But it's a great place to start. You can also search out a topic by using the search bar at the top of the page. It will pull up threads related to what you're searching for. Good luck. TWW