Is This Good Enough To Tell My Dad I Want To Smoke Weed With His Permission?

Discussion in 'General' started by Roadhouse21, May 19, 2013.

1. I want you to understand that weed is a medicine not a drug. It isn't addicting, it kills cancer cells, helps loads of pains including chronic, and guess what? I have chronic pain, because of scoliosis. I'm not an idiot. I did my research on it. I was anti weed when I was younger. But i was ignorant and didn't know what it truly was. I wouldn't be doing it if I didn't know what it was. You should be proud that I'm anti cigarettes and achohol, and only like weed. Because it's a medicine and it's not gonna mess you up. It's actually made me a better person. People whom don't smoke weed don't look forward to the mornings at all. I did, I couldn't wait to the weekend and just go outside at sun rise and just enjoy nature. Instead of laying in bed snoring with no plans for the day, I'm outside enjoying life and I'm not harming anyone and In fact I'm medicating my self. Which is a good thing if you didn't know. I'm not gonna do it if you don't want me to, but I want you to know that's it isn't Bad or addicting, you say you want the best for me, which I appreciate, allowing me to use marijuana would be the best for me. It helps me or anyone using it. Don't use Danny as an example, because he's a bum, I'm not, if you were to allow me to do it, I'd be more than happy to let you control it. I wouldn't do it in the house, or before school or any social event. If you don't want me to do it okay, but I want you to be informed about it and why I did it. Watch the documentary "The Union" it will educate you about the plant. And i didnt just watch that movie and say, " yay weed is great let's go get high", I did further research because I honestly hate drugs. All I ask is you allow me to do what's best for me. There's a reason why it's becoming legal in states and is medically legal in 19 as of today. By the time I get a job it'll be legal, and if they do drug test I'll quit. Because I know what's important, and that's life, but it'd be better with marijuana. I hope you realize how much balls it takes to ask this kind of question, but I'm doing what's best for me, which is worth it, like I said if you don't want me to do it for whatever reason, because there really is none, I won't do it out of respect. Thats what i wrote on that s memo app, obviously some parts you wont understand but do you think he'd really see why I want permission to smoke weed if I showed him this? It's all true and I just want him at the least to understand why I did it. Sorry for not putting paragraphs it's hard to post from my phone.

2. #2 Toastin', May 19, 2013
    Last edited: May 19, 2013
    Break it up into paragraphs or aint nobody gunna have time fo dis.

Ok ill attempt to read

EDIT- Sounds pretty good but if your 18 you dont need permission 

3. #3 CompleteAsshole, May 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2013
    as a father, I can argue each point that u made. as a smoker I can validate each point as well. do you need it for medical reasons? do you have cancer? or would you just be doing it for recreation. of course weed makes people better but it still is medication and can be abused like anything else can. that would be the biggest argument and you probably wouldn't make it to the rest. imo. if he feels strongly about then respect his wishes, as far as his knowledge. of course you're gonna smoke but do it discreetly, and not in his house.

edit: I feel your pain and am glad that I came from a pro marijuana (although broken as well) home. I have been smoking almost 20 years and given what has happened during my lifetime I wouldn't know what to do without my medicine, but also was at a point a long time ago where it was the only thing I wanted to do as opposed to using it for what I actually needed it for.

4. #4 Roadhouse21, May 19, 2013
    I already told him I wouldn't do it in his house, and yes for both medical and recreation. But it's not like I'm going out while high. I'm simply at my house enjoying life . I respect his wishes is basically what I'm saying. I just want him to understand why I did it and why I want to continue and I wanted to know if this would change his mind

5. #5 Verdurous, May 19, 2013
    You need evidence. No father is going to listen to a word their son says after "I want you to understand" unless you can back it up with empirical evidence right then and there. The Union does not count, not even close, by the way, and is only really good for an overview of popular rhetoric on the issue, not necessarily unbiased facts. lol Also, just because a drug has medicinal value doesn't mean it's not a drug... Plus it may not be physically addictive or cause a chemical dependency (which most people aren't actually aware of unless you show them the latest research), but it is still psychologically addictive, just as any other pleasurable activity. You should check out Granny's MMJ Reference List for a place to begin your research.

6. If your dad Thinks marijuana is a dangerous ilegal drug,and or calls people who smoke it potheads,deadbeats or dope smokers, then you should not tell him you smoke it. What you should do is bring up marijuana in conversation, talk about how Washington and Colorado legalized it, show him some reaserch on marijuana you found online. Ease in to it with him.

7. You're on the right track, but I second the suggestion to hit up Granny's List. There are even some articles geared toward parents that might be of use to your cause.

Good luck, dude.

8. These threads, and the same answer I give to all of you. Either he lets you smoke or he doesn't.

You don't need to make a presentation for it, you either tell him you smoke and see if he's okay with it, or hide it from him until you move out and go into you're own place.

Because really, if he feels that strongly about you smoking at the age of 18, then doing a presentation for him isn't going to do anything but waste both of you're guys time, when you know that the end result will still be a no,

If he lives under the roof that his father pays for, then he does need permission. One thing I learned from house hopping, is that, no matter how old you are, or how much of a "man" or adult you are, when someone else let's you live in the house that THEY pay for, then you need to follow their rules or get out.

For example, I stayed with this couple for some time because I was without a home, and, they don't smoke or drink. No matter how much I wanted to smoke or drink in their house, I wouldn't, because I needed a place to stay, and they also had a kid. I mean sure, every now and then, when everyone in the house was asleep and it was like 12 at night, I would walk around the corner and toke a few, but I would wait until they didn't know, and I would make sure I kept it out of their house.

Basically, if you really want to smoke, hide it from him is all i'm going to say.

9. hey op i would just tell him you smoke and talk to him like you planned. i told both my parents i smoke and while they do not exactly approve of it, they understand why i partake. and our relationship has not changed at all. and i even got to smoke my mom out once. lol. i know it will never happen again but it just goes to show ya sometimes parents say and do the darndest things....

10. Who says he's smoking in his dad's house? And your example kind of makes you a hypocrite, no offense. You obviously didn't bother respecting your lack of permission and even still smoked at their house, so why are your standards for this guy higher than those you hold yourself? Again, no offense, I'm just wondering why you think this guy would feel or act any differently.