Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is this Glycerin food grade?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Clstcnnbscltvtr, Mar 14, 2012.

1. #1 Clstcnnbscltvtr, Mar 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2012
    Nowhere on the package does it mention specifically something like "this is safe to consume" but it does list uses as "natural sweetener" and suggests adding 1tsp to any beverage to make it sweeter.

It also says "... natural base for herbal formulas, and should not raise blood sugar levels in most individuals."

This all indicates it is safe to consume but .. still the ingredients list as

Glycerin (USP Vegetable)

Not all USP is food grade apparently.

The brand is Heritage Store.

edit: Worth mentioning that when I asked the sales person in the herbal supplements area about the product I asked, "the same kind used in making candies?" and she replied "yes". She might have mentioned something if it weren't, though humans are just that.

2. Oh, that was easy. I called the company on the bottle. Nice man said they were indeed producers of food grade glycerin and the only reason the bottle doesn't specifically say that anymore is because the company is under new ownership. But it lists nutritional information on the bottle so he said that was the indicator that it was food grade.

3. I pulled this off the 5 gallon pail label where we get our vegetable based Glycerin USP at www.VegetableGlycerin.com. "INGESTION: Contact a physician if greater than one pint ingested."

So this may be the near limits of human ingestion....Glycerin USP is an additive not to be consumed in large quantities....These guys have all the cert's and proper labeling and I spoke with them. Product is stored in a Food Grade facility etc.....

4. Somehow, I don't think anyone is going to ingest a full pint of glycerin-based cannabis tincture! lol

Granny

5. If it was in front of me, I would def try!