Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is this for real??

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Jack The Trippe, Oct 20, 2009.

1. #1 Jack The Trippe, Oct 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2009
    I was surfing the internet and found a something interesting this guy suggested this...
    " soak the bowl overnight in an old jar in a solution of rubbing alcohol, and the next day clean it out with a couple Q-tips saturated with alcohol..........next, pour the entire glop through a paper coffee filter and let it air dry for a day or so, and you'll have something leftover that kinda resembles hash......happy smoking!!!"
    is this for real or is this guy just an idiot?

2. Do NOT try this unless you have a death wish.

3. yea that just sounds like a crazy idea. just do it the ol' natural way ;)

4. Step 1, Get job
    Step 2, Buy weed
    Step 3, smoke

5. more like resembles bullshit. I suggest doing this if you realy like smoking resin.....ugh....*.yak*yak*

seriously though, do this to clean out your piece, then take the coffee filter of bleh and throw it away.

6. Eh I personally smoke resin but I find the best way to do it is to heat the bowl while it's still in, smoke as much as you can that way, and then clean the rest out and throw it away as whatever's left is mostly just tar and isn't worth smoking.

7. I'm pretty sure this would work, I mean it's the same as the QWISO method for making hash is it not? Seems like it would work a lot better than smoking nasty old resin, could be wrong though.

8. Yeah, that works fine. It is a combo of the QWISO method and resin collection. The end product won't be very pretty, or nice to smoke, but it will work if you're in a pinch. It's not any more dangerous than your standard QWISO run.

9. This.

The method is basically a way to save ALL your resin if you have absolutely no money, or no weed. Some people have the inclination to do this. Also the alcohol should be allowed to dry in a separate pyrex or other glass container. It will also contain trace amounts of THC, and if the same dish is used repeatedly (more pieces) you will literally have the same substance as QWISO from normal weed (basically THC concentrated).

10. Nothing wrong with it at all. I've done it myself. Just make sure you let all the alcohol evaporate, and make sure you use 99% iso

11. back in the days when i lived in 'bama and sometimes had no connect, I would gather resin like this. Harsh as fuck smoke, but I can guarantee you I'm still alive. dunno why you think it's a death wish

12. I do this to clean my pieces I let the resin build over time. I have a dish that has like an inch of resin goo on it. Just saving for a rainy dry day..

Rubbing alcoholis fine because its just water and alcohol. Both evaporate.

13. Do you just keep adding to it? Not a bad idea, I might have to do this. I've been saving my vapor poo and stems but I guess I could just make em now and add to it later.
    :hello: +rep, thanks for the idea.

14. Yep. Do this all the time.

15. do you guys know if i can clean resin out of my 2 chamber bubbler? :confused:

16. DO NOT DO THIS!!!! If you google search what happens when you drink rubbing alcohol it's not pretty. So I'm thinking that if you were inhaling it, it would be even worse because it will tear you lungs apart and you will die a slow and horrible death. Just my opinion, don't quote me on it but i wouldn't suggest trying it.

17. sorry didn't read all other post before i posted mine so if you guys tried it and your obviously still hear today then go ahead but what ever you do make sure the rubbing alcohol is all dried up first cause drinking that stuff will tear you from the inside out.

18. .....

lulz

19. your avatar is fucking sick. so glad to see another AC fan

20. Hahaha, nice.

Yeah, dude, research is key. I find there is a serious lack of it in this forum, and the MMJ forum.