Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is this fair to assume?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Mista Marijuana, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Since thc is known as a bronchial dilator, meaning it opens up your lungs and airways, while tobacco does the opposite and constricts them, that smoking at a reasonable pace (two bong hits a day, hits from a pipe several times a week,etc) will increase your lung function and capacity?

i say a reasonable pace because no matter that it is marijuana, if you inhale smoke it is damaging to your lungs no matter what. and i have also seen studies like this where very frequent smokers (smoking weed all day) end up with decreased lung function while light smokers have healthier lungs, because the smoke causes inflammation and irritation.

so, if i want to be the healthiest, would consuming edibles be my best bet? i have a med card (and right across the street from my house :) )

so since thc is a bronchial dilator eating an edible would open up my lungs without any negative repercussions from the smoke correct?

Casual Marijuana Smoking Not Harmful to Lungs: Scientific American

2. You're on to something there, my good sir.

3. I remember reading that after 7 years of smoking a blunt a day a persons lung capacity had increased ;)

4. vary interesting edibles are nice and i think a vape wont hurt the lungs honestly i have never really thought of this topic much but it is vary interesting

5. In that film superHIGH me that guys lung capacity increased 5% in the month that he started smoking everyday and it decreased by 3% in the month he didn't smoke at all.
    At least that's how I remember... it could be the complete opposite.

6. i dunno if eating it would do that cuz it dousent go in your lungs

7. If you wanna go healthy, edibles are the best bet because you cook it instead of combust. Vapes are the next thing down, as it only gets the THC and a few other cannabinoids. :D