Is this even legal?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Chevroleet, Mar 12, 2012.

1. have you seen that guy on T.V that can literally eat anything? like light-bulbs and shit...

2. You must be high writing this.

If YOU use pot to escape reality, that's your problem. If it's for your betterment, then we support you quitting

There is no risk if you're smart about it. I've been smoking since freshman year of high school and I've never been caught.

Just be smart next time man. Come on.

Pics or it didn't happen ahhaha

3. maaan this isnt something you should quit because of....blame the fuckin law and keep smokin on someday it will be legalized and we'll win in the end dont stress over it too much just relax and calmly get through the situation

4. You're a dick :wave:

....but seriously, try and be more chill... this is GC, not a place to get lectured by people like you when he's already down man.

And as for the OP, shit sucks man but it's a situation you gotta deal with. Next time, just smoke somewhere else besides your dorm :smoke:

5. Don't blame it, change it.

That's the reason weed's illegal... There's not enough people DOING shit. There's just not enough people standing up for themselves and their rights. Look at the civil rights movement, look at prohibition. Both had momentum because society wasn't gonna take that shit. The gov knows we (the middle class/ lower class) know we won't stand up for ourselves. We just accept ever-increasing tax rates and breaks for the rich. It's shit like this that pisses me off.

/rant

6. Haha I was on 1 bar and 40 of oc. I handed them my bud and hash because they said they wouldn't take me to jail. Also had the unmentionables in my pocket and on school property (Home coming game, I wanted to see our school get crushed. I didn't even make it to the stands cop said I reeked of bud) I know I'm a dumb ass for that but I learned from it.

7. You could have told them there was a fire in the dorm and he was blocking the exit because he thought it was weed. Or you could wiped the sand out your vag and walked through him without using your hands. Me personally would have drop kicked him then made up some story. And for so little bud you could have just ate or flushed damn man your not a smart guy, your suppose to be fast and clever in the heat of the moment.

8. [quote name='"brett119"']
    Haha I was on 1 bar and 40 of oc. I handed them my bud and hash because they said they wouldn't take me to jail. Also had the unmentionables in my pocket and on school property (Home coming game, I wanted to see our school get crushed. I didn't even make it to the stands cop said I reeked of bud) I know I'm a dumb ass for that but I learned from it.[/quote]

did they give you a court date for it?

9. #29 Relentless, Mar 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2012
    You need 2 consult legal council, but what the RA did too you is called False Imprisonment and is a Felony crime. Your RA is a douchebag who over-step's the boundaries of what is morally and legally right. Good luck too you

It doesn't sound like this would fall under Citizen's Arrest legally, being that is usually reserved for felony crimes witnessed by the citizen, unless your in North Carolina, where apparently they have no provision's on citizens arrest and is permited for a variety of petty reasons.

10. [quote name='"Relentless"']You need 2 consult legal council, but what the RA did too you is called False Imprisonment and is a Felony crime. Your RA is a douchebag who over-step's the boundaries of what is morally and legally right. Good luck too you

It doesn't sound like this would fall under Citizen's Arrest legally, being that is usually reserved for felony crimes witnessed by the citizen, unless your in North Carolina, where apparently they have no provision's on citizens arrest and is permited for a variety of petty reasons.[/quote]

you know your shit dude

11. hahahahahah i\d laugh my fucking ass off if someone tried to citizen arrest me or if i saw someone else lmfao

12. i would of said fuck you im an adult and if you wont let me leave you are holding me against my will and basically kidnapping so ill sue your fat ass bitch. shit like that pisses me off. especially when i was in high school.. teachers trying to block or stop me, i would always freak out and win lol.

13. Man your logic is flawless. Considering he is considered an authority figure at my college, so I would have landed in way deeper shit if I even touched him. Oh and you're right! I should have flushed it. Why didn't I think of that?! Oh wait.. The bathroom is outside of my dormroom. Fucking moron.

14. So I went to court. My roommate is going to confess for the alcohol charges against me. I got the paraphernalia and the weed reduced to disorderly conduct. i can get it ex-sponged from my record too. no probation no drug tests. just 4 hrs community service and a couple hundred in fines.

15. That is false imprisonment, but you can't prove it.

Smoking in the dorms is a big no no.

16. Nice job man, I'm glad you didn't get fucked by the law. It just kills me to see all the dumbasses posting "hurr you should have smacked that RA". If you had smacked him I guarantee you that you would have MUCH harsher penalties than the one that you ended up with. Not being a hardass was the right thing to do, regardless of what many of the idiots in this thread are trying to say.

17. you should've gone to the bathroom and broke the bubbler and flushed it down the toilet? but it sounds like what he did could be classified as illegal because that is false imprisonment by definition (The illegal confinement of one individual against his or her will by another individual in such a manner as to violate the confined individual's right to be free from restraint of movement.)