Is this enough light?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by ProfessorKhaos1337, Sep 22, 2016.

1. I have an 8 x 4 tent with three of the older style Mars 700 in there. I've looked at the footprint and it the three lights seem to cover the space. Has anyone actually grown with these older Mars panels and can tell me the actual foot print? The lights each draw 300 ish watts

Attached Files:

2. If those are the Mars II then they have an accurate suggested footprint on their website. At least it's accurate for my Mars II 1600.

• Like Like x 1
  3. You should be fine with those 3 lights but you need to get them down much lower if you want them to be at all useful.

4. go for it

• Like Like x 1
  5. I just put my clones in last night. The roots have barely broke the Rockwool. I don't want to burn them and this is my first run with leds. Should they be lower at this point?

6. i assume you only have 1 light on currently? I would put it at about 30".

7. I'm running two of them too help keep temps up a little bit. Thanks for the advice

8. Seems decent, that's 8' long,4' deep? 900w would do ok in the space, I'm running around 1000w of led in a 5x5 and it's great, thinking of adding a couple more 300 watters in a corner or 2,
    After all , the lights are what really seem to grow these things, and I don't want a dark corner ,
    Best of luck

(+};-]

• Like Like x 1
  9. are you running 1000w of actual draw LEDs? Meaning are you pulling 1000w out of the wall?

10. I am running 1100w of actual draw in my 4x4.

11. Is that due to space limitations or is that what was necessary to cover your space?

12. I dunno its just what i ended up with.. I have 2 600's across the middle and 1 400 in each corner. Here is an old photo of how it is setup. I like it because i can use only what i need and when its time i add more light. Currently i am running 2 600's and 2 300's.
    20160914_174924.jpg

13. Holy shit that's a lot of light. If it takes that much led wattage to cover a 4x4 maybe im better sticking with hid lighting. That's nuts

14. i dont think i NEED that much light i just like the versatility of that many lights.

15. That image is about right. Most of the light in LED Project Straight down.

16. Looks good to me but it is just a photo. I'm so glad to see others using LEDs more & more

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

17. I have mine setup like this. Three mars 700's and a 300w mars down the center. The plants seem to be doing alright I guess further into flower will be the real test.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1