Is this enough light for 39 plants?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by econmaster1, Apr 15, 2009.

1. #1 econmaster1, Apr 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2009
    I've read through plenty of sticky's and growing forums....and it seems to say that you need around 50 watts per plant.

I'm going to plant 39 seeds....14 of the seeds are feminized. and hypothetically around 14 of the regular seeds will be female.

I've got a 400 watt MH lamp and 360 watts worth of CFL's for vegging....Is that enough lighting for the vegetative portion of the grow?...and if not how much more watts do I need. Oh and the whole room will be wrapped with 97% reflective mylar in a 9x9 room.

So, when I get to the flowering portion of the grow...I'm going to have a 1000watt hps and 400 watts hps and 360 watts of CFL's(6500K). Is that enough wattage for the flowering stage?( at this stage I will have around 28 plants if half of the regular seeds are female)

I'm a newbie at this whole growing thing....I'm am trying to maximize my yields for my first grow.

I will start a journal as soon as my seeds come in ( hopefully by this thurs or friday):D

Thanks in advance.

2. For flower, you will be good on watts. For the veg cycle, you are a little short. You will be at 760 and should technically have about 1400. You may not get the amount of veg growth you want, but flower will be ok. Any reason why you want so many plants??

3. Yes, should be enough in the veg stage for that many.

Depends on how big you want them. I would get 2 600W HPS rather than 1 1000W HPS. But you might need a bit more for that many. Maybe 3 6's all together.

600w HPS gives you the most lumens per watt.

4. The reason for so many plants is that the 14 feminized seeds are all different strands...I'm going to be doing smoke reports...and the 25 other seeds are for maximum yield for times when me and my buddies are going to smoke. This should last me a year or so if it all works out as planned

5. Im about to put the same amount of plants under a single 1000w HPS. But I am doing a SOG hydro grow of small clones that will only veg for a couple of weeks. It really depends on how big you want to grow them. anything more than a foot and a half or so, and you wont have room for them.... assuming your in soil. I also constructed my grow tent for maximum light retention and with a reflection focus points in the growing area of the room... I have been thinking about starting a journal on here, if I do, I will paste a link...

6. No way this would last me a year. Your looking at getting 2-4 lbs depending.