Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is this CHS?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by F8ate88, Aug 13, 2018.

1. So for background, I have OCD and anxiety that give me stomach pain and a nervous stomach already from a young age. I started smoking at 18, and now I'm almost 26. My use went from about an 8th every week or so to an 8th every day if I wasn't doing something. Now I'm an average 8th every 3 days. I am starting to get bloated seriously bad, and I'm awake at 4 to 6am every morning with severe stomach pain and anxiety. I have started to wake up during this time and go smoke, fallowed with a shower crouched over in pain and chugging a lot of cold liquid. Then I will go back to sleep after the pain goes away, waking up and doing the same thing again. It has effectively shut down my life to the point where I am on clockwork of getting sick.

So I want to know if this could be cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome? I did some research on it, and I have everything that is a symptom of it except smoking. I will smoke and the pain will go away, so I'm wondering if it is just a cruel game my OCD is doing to me. For example I will run out of weed and go into shock mid day if I don't have any to smoke. Shock as in will complete shut down, sweating, stomach feeling like it is going to explode, and an emergency need to drink liquid. I'm trying to quit smoking to know if it helps the past few days. But I'm only making it to the next morning when the pain is real and I'm in shock. I'm just wondering if I'm wasting my time trying to make myself sick not smoking, or if I'm just screwing myself every morning by restarting the cycle?

2. Yes, 100% I personally think this is CHS. I only say that because I have the exact same symptoms to a T (even the 4-6 a.m. thing) and the only thing to cure all symptoms was completely quitting cold turkey. It was hell yes. It’s day 8 and I still have the slightest bit of nausea but laying in bed just a little longer with a heating pad on my stomach does the trick. I am starting to get an appetite back again too and food doesn’t make me nauseous anymore. Hang in there, it feels like it’ll never get better, but it does!