Is This Bug Harmful?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Rhinodank, May 22, 2013.

1. Awesome! thank you! Lol I wanna have more than 6 plants though... I have about 5 more seeds coming in, but I also wanna buy some clones too!

2. Small clones are usualy pretty cheap but teens can cost a little more. getting this late of a start I would look for teens as for mother plants they tend to cost around $50.00 on up. If you got the money to play with I would look for some teens or mothers to put outside if getting this late of a start. Once we get around 15 hours of daylight they shouldn't go into flowering early. If you do get some teens or mothers you could put them outside during the day and bring them in at night and run some more cfls till they get a total of 15-16 hours of light. So if their getting 14 1/2 hours of light outside then when brought inside they would only need another couple hours of light.

3. #23 Rhinodank, May 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2013
    Lol about the cfl thing, earlier when this plant was growing I was doing a daylight grow/cfl at night. So it was 24/0. I was told that it would screw the plant up as it got older so I stopped and just moved her entirely outside. Is that false? Cause I would love to do that type of grow with one of my new seeds coming in to see if it would work?? Idk if it would though.. This is the light I have:

http://www.growlightsupply.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=82

4. How old was the plant when it was under 24 hours of light then down to being put outside? if you did that with a sexualy mature plant around this time of year the sudden drop in light hours could cause it to go into flowering early. The light you linked will work fine for a few small plants. When it comes to CFL lighting you want 100 actual watts of CFL light for the first plant and an additional 50 actual watts of CFL light for each additional plant for indoor growing. Some growers like giving them 24 hours of light in veg and some 18/6 and other 16/8. To me mother nature doesn't give plants 24 hours of light so why should I, I prefer the 18/6 for indoor grows and if there going to be going outside eventually then 16/8.