Is This Bud Rot?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Cannasouer, Sep 15, 2014.

1. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1410812548.308441.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1410812560.037195.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1410812569.485150.jpg

I noticed a few spots of grayish-brown area on my Trainwreck plant? What is this? Is it bud rot?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. #2 NEFarmer, Sep 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2014
    Yes, looks like rot to me, remove affected areas immediately and carefully as to not spread spores around to the rest of the plant also lower your humidity

3. My plants are outdoors so I don't really have control over humidity. I'm gonna go grab some scissors and remove the affected areas. Do you know of any ways to help prevent this jn the future?

4. outdoors it's hard you don't have control, what you could do is maybe open the plants up a little bit remove some leaves help get some air movement, keep an eye on em and hope for the best brother

5. also wear gloves when removing affected areas and do not touch any of the rest of the healthy plant, or you will spread it

6. Thanks man. Luckily it was only affecting one cola. I put on a pair of gloves, grabbed some alcohol, water, tweezers, and scissors. After every cut, i'd dip the scissors and tweezers in the alcohol, then rinse them in some water and dry them off. Hopefully I didn't spread anything. I'm definitely gonna be keeping a close eye on this girl until harvest. Should I quarantine her from my other plants until then?
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1410817802.044458.jpg

7. Np man, that's what we're here for, if she's easy to move, I would personally

8. I ended up moving her into a new spot thats usually sheltered from the wind, as I'm sure the spores can travel in the air. If the problem persists, I think I'm just gonna chop the whole problem cola off which will suck, but it's better than losing the whole crop.

9. How's she looking man?

10. A few more spots came out, and probably have her mass was cut :(. But I'm just glad I caught it early enough to save her and prevent it from touching any of my other girls. But I have two more concerns now: Do you think that cutting away so much could have stressed her out a lot? Her growing seems to be a little less progressive than it was before. And, do you think there's a chance if her herming out from stress? I've heard that Trainwreck can be a pain in the ass when it comes to that