Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is this bud dense and or look like good bud? Or am I getting ripped off?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by firepiss35, Nov 5, 2013.

1. Idk what to do :/ I'm stuck in a bit of a situation with this whole "dense" thing. Now I've been smoking for 5 years ik dense and ik fluffy but I can't tell if how " dense " it really is. Sometimes when I buy off people it will seem a tad bit small not much and they say it's "dense" and it feels pretty dense but recently I have 3 dealers all good in different ways but I can't just choose which one cause there's a lot of factors, money, place, availability etc but I have been stuck with this one guy that from what I heard sells standard .5 bags which I definitely believe. But it's a lot smaller compared to the other guys I buy from, if his bags are .5 then the other people must be atleast .7 or 8 if your going by size not weight. Which leads me to this whole dense thing because sometimes I have no body else to buy off. And sometimes his bags are smaller then others depending on batch/. Strain whatever u wanna say but lately they've been pretty small :/ he also has been sending people to meet me which is kinda sketchy cause he has a car and used to always serve me my bud with it. And the first time it happened I wanted to not buy it. But the guy he sent pointed out it was dense and it actually was denser then most so I bought it , didn't break out to as much as I thought because it was dense but it wasn't to small, but I bought a few other bags and they we re also a little small but also felt "dense" but this time and another time ( different story ) It wasn't even acceptable . He sent this kid I lived with for months but when we dapped up so I can get the bag and him the money I instantly noticed how small it was so I asked him to walk with me and smoke a cigarette ( so I could get a chance to investigate before he left) I told him it was really small and I showed him and he said that's defiently .5 and it's really dense . He also said " have you seen the new dimes .5 is this much" and he showed me with his fingers and even smaller amount then I had gotten. It did feel rather denser then others and I'm chill with him atm so I didn't want to start shit and I let him go, ( not that I won't bring it up to the guy lol) . But what is " dense " is it just how hard the bud is? Like when you squeeze or pinch on it? Is there a way to feel how "dense" something is cause it's not a huge difference when I feel them some are "denser" Then others obviously. So is this a rip off or dense and hopefully good which to me doesn't look bad smells good a little bit of crystals defiently doesn't look like "fire" though lol ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1383615213.853756.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1383615229.686815.jpg before and after I broke it up , but you probably got that

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Looks like good bud to me. I've had denser, but I'd call it "dense". 

3. That looks like .5 to me. Just buy a cheap ass scale and weigh it next time

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. And dense bud will be solid like a little rock. If it is super squishy and fluffy looking it is not dense

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Eh doesn't really look that dense to me tbh but I guess it depends on your standard of dense weed. I could be wrong though, I'm looking at the pic on my phone
    Happy toking nonetheless

6. do you know how much a "cheap ass scale " is I mean really cheap I'm practically broke lol

7. $25-$30. You could probably find even cheaper on amazon.

8. doesnt look dense one bit. i would invest in a scale those $10 you spend on the scale get paid back in less theen a month.my scale prolly saved me thousands over the years. 

a cheap ass scale is $8 on amazon
    a scale on amazon is $8 a nice one to not some POS that gonna break. ive hadd my scale for 5 years now and it cost me $10. the newer scales are nicer.

9. You've been smoking for 5 years and you haven't had the sense to buy a scale?   I'm sorry but this is just moronic.      Or perhaps you started smoking 5 years ago but you are just now starting to buy bud on your own.  Yes first thing is buy a scale, they are very cheap.

10. I wouldn't say it looks dense, but it does look damn good!

And no, not everyone needs a scale. I've been blazing for a couple years now and I don't own one and I don't think I ever will! Because:

1) I'd rather not get charged with possession w/ intent to sell

and 

2) I only buy from people I trust/know won't fuck me over.

And what is it with people worrying so much about preciseness!? So what if you bought a dime and it was only 0.8 grams!? For real, why give an honest F!?

11. Doesn't look that dense honestly, dense nuggies are usually much more compact than that in the first picture. But a scale is the only way to find out for sure. 

12. lol call it what you want but I never had a reason I almost always have a friend as a connect and I usually only buy 20$ worth at most on occasion an 8th no need for a scale till now, and I'm broke and I've been getting bud on my own since I started

13. It looks like half a gram in the pictures, but why buy half a gram? If anyone called me for half a gram I would tell them to fuck off lol.

14. ennit, why buy a .5? u get charged how much for that? i sort my housemate a .5 for a 5er when he is skint but apart from that its not worth the hassle lol

15. That is .5

16. lol ya it cost ten so I don't complain comes in handy when I don't have 20 and don't wanna have to save up as my budget is low but it is good weed but around here a Lotta people don't sell dimes that are more then .6 cause it's all good bud no mids or anything , there's some better then others but haven't seen mids or any weed I thought looked to bad in a while. And I haven't bout a gram dime bag in a while probably good news

17. Buy a scale and start measuring what you pay for.  You will be surprised what you are getting.  And scales don't mean shit legal wise, its for personal use.

18. If you keep the scale at yo house it doesn't matter.

I have friends that literally use scales for shipping purposes and they don't smoke...

Driving around with a scale/pipes/weed etc. Yeah that is sketch.

but yeah, I've had tiny nugs that end up being like 1g...crazy lol. Bud in pic I wouldn't call dense but not fluffycity either.

19. That looks like .5 for sure and it looks like good weed.

20. gross, wtf is that?