Is This Bong A Good Deal + Should I Even Consider The Investment?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by serenesailing, Jun 6, 2014.

1. --Noob Alert!---

Started smoking around 6 months ago and so far I'm enjoying it. Really haven't had the time to smoke often, yet have been doing it about 1-2 times per week since I've started. 

So far, I've only been smoking out of a small glass pipe, which I enjoy, yet I want to step it up a notch and get cleaner hits, larger hits, and most importantly, simply enjoy the smoking experience a little more with a group of friends. 

I recently hit a honeycomb perc bong which was awesome and I enjoyed it a lot. Knowing how little I smoke, is it really worth throwing down ~$150 on a bong? In addition, if I'm going to get a bong, I want it to be a good one and not just throw down 60 or so for a mediocre one. Although money isn't a crazy issue, I do take an investment like this seriously. 

What do you guys think? Also, thoughts on the effectiveness of honeycomb/cyclone percs?

Here's one I'm looking at right now... http://max-quality-glass.myshopify.com/collections/water-pipes/products/16-double-honeycomb-water-pipe-7mm-thick-w-spinning-splashguard

2. If you have the money to spend and want a nice piece go for it. I smoked daily and bought a $60 straight tube bong and it served me well for years. The only thing perks do is make the hits easier to take, that wasn't a big deal for me.

3. i dunno about the site looks a little sketchy reading the tos and reviews ya i probably would order from the site

4. I'd rather get a quality-name-brand piece, a simple straight tube or a beaker, rather than something super complex or china glass with a million percs. You can always add things to the piece in the future. Get a nice thick piece from a known blower or support your local glass blowers. :bongin:

5. As you are a noob remember this. The more percs the more drag. Are you looking into name brands aswell? What is your budget?

6. I'm all about supporting local/small business owners, but correct me if I'm wrong 5mm glass made in china is not much different than a 5mm brand name glass. Perhaps I'm wrong and there's more too it? I'm looking for a clean hit and although there's debate surrounding percs and such, I've spoken to seasoned stoners who mostly agree a perc or two doesn't hurt. 

Yes, I understand there will be more drag, yet I'm not too concerned. Don't really care about any brand names and I'm looking to keep it under $150. I really like an elegant/aesthetically pleasing bong such as the one in the link (especially if I'm spending over 100). I know it sounds weird, but I enjoy nice things for my different hobbies and attention to detail. I think b/c of this attitude, I'll enjoy the smoking experience with a nice looking bong. 

7. Well if you are 18(or older) you should check out your local head shop. Chinese glass and American glass are a lot different. Also a lot of better quality name brand bongs use borosilicate glass which is stronger. 5mm also isn't very thick. 7mm is considered thick but a lot of companies are even making them thicker and moving to 9mm. You can get a bong similar to mine(a non name brand and thinner glass) for around your price range too. Or do you just want a straight tube?

rasta.jpg
    IMG_0384.JPG

Time for me to correct you ;). Go to a headshop, as to see a piece of china and a piece of european/cali glass, hold on in each hand and tell me you can not feel a difference! It's worth every penny to pay for the expensive piece, especially when you *accidently* drop the bag (WITH the bong INSIDE) from the top of the stairs, I was swinging it like a super-stoned-dude and it just flung out of my hand, stupid I know (I'll never do that again). Anyways the bong hit the floor *WAM*, 12 steps down, and not a scratch! I'm SOLD on good quality glass. :bongin:

9. If you want honeycombs jhanpixel on ioffer hand blows some really nice ones. 14" honeycomb tube is $70 shipped, no shit. It's great.

10. The first bong I bought was 225 and I bought a 100 dollar case for it. I dont regret my decision at all 2 months later (;

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Grasscity Forum mobile app