is this bad for the plant

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by briwes911, Sep 2, 2011.

1. Is this bad to cut the lil leaves off so soon lol i only did one i was bored.. they still have a ways to go so i didn't know....

Attached Files:

2. IMO, I wouldn't have done it. How is your plants going to soak up them sun rays without leaves? They need the leaves to produce energy to grow buds/trichs/resin/thc.

I'm not trying to be mean, but next time your bored....come and read some posts here at GC. You will learn a lot from other peoples mistakes and problems.

3. damn man I don't think that was a good idea..prolly gonna stress your plant out from doin that..were the leaves yellow and dying? your plant thrives off those fan leaves brother, especially if they were attached to bud spots. keep a close eye on her but I'm sure she'll be aight

4. yeah don't expect much more out of that bud

5. Yes it was bad. Every green part of the plant has chlorophyll and can take energy from the sun, but the leaves are far more efficient than the buds. The buds will still grow, but much more slowly than they would have. It's a good first hand learning experience, but I'd recommend to leave the other plants to grow naturally.

6. cool thanks... i only did it to one bud out of like 120 or more so i will fosho leave the rest alone... this is my first grow so im just always wanting to do somethin hands on with the growth lol.. Thanks again for all the constructive criticism...

7. I trim leaves that are blocking the light, ALL THE TIME. Plants still grow like crazy.
    I wouldn't strip it naked, but trimming a little here and there is NO big deal.
    This is an on going controversy.