Is this a sign of a hermi?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Hammered, Mar 10, 2010.

1. Just noticed these little things popping up.. Is this a hermi? The trich's are pretty much all solid white but I dont see any amber ones yet.. If this is a hermi would it be ok to go ahead and chop em?

Attached Files:

2. The pic on the left is definite hermie. As far as chopping I can't say on that. There are some threads about doing "hermie surgery" search and check those out... Good luck bro

3. Sure looks like it in the second pic... I would pick them off asap, it might just be something else because it looks like a hair is coming out of it.. But it does look like a seed pack..

4. Ya it a hermi pick the yellow piece of sacks out, also be careful if u can see yellow pollen on Ur finger means Ur going to get seed's. Ur going to want to watch them and see if seed begin to form. If they do Harvesting is Ur best best take about 3-5 days before u will start to see seed form.( that from the time those pollen sacks opened up)
    Where these from Feminized Seeds? How far along are u in Ur flower cycle? If it personal smoke i wouldn't worry to much just pick the sacks u can see and watch for seed forming. Like i said if seeds are forming Ur better off harvesting while u have some decent smoke still. Also The Seed From these( If there are any) should be destroyed so as not to pass along the Hermi effect to Other's! Good Luck & Be safe!

5. Thats just a hair in the background. sorry about the crapy pix..lol.. My trichs are mostly all a solid milky white color.. Should I just pluck the little pollen sacks of with some tweezers and then wait untill my trichs are turnning amber? Would the buds have any kick to em if I took them now? There Nirvana White Widow and White Rhino..If that matters.. Not to many of the hairs have changed yet either.

6. There clones off of reg. seeds from nirvana , white widow and white rhino.. The mother plants werent hermi... These started showing signs of flowers on Jan, 31 ... The temp. in the room has been kinda cool on them so I think thats one factor in this problem.. Stressed em out to much..

7. If the strain is solid then usually u wont have that problem with hermi. Cold shouldn't effect them to bad either ill put my in low 60s high 50s to get color to pop in them. Like I was saying pinch one of those ball sack with Ur fingers. If u get a white yellowish powdery residue on Ur finger tips. Then u got active pollen in Ur room and You will want watch for seeds forming it take about 3-5 days for the seed to start to form in the pistols. Usually a little white soft shell deal is inside of any pistol hair that came in contact with pollen. They will make Ur smoke shit popping crackling, just a pain in the A%#. I personally would harvest if there that far along if u haven't started a flush on them , flush them for the next couple days and harvest, But don't let a bunch of seed form. Good Luck to You & Be safe!!

8. #8 Hammered, Mar 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2010

Thanx bro. youve been a huge help... I watered with just streight water with no nutes yestarday. Should I do it again today and then tomorrow aswell to make sure there good and flushed? I usually flush every other day with just water for about a week or so..

9. Ya just flush as normal keeping eyes open for signs of Seeding. U may be able to get another week or so out of them but i definitely start flushing. Did u get pollen on Ur finger when u pinch one of the sacks off?

10. No pollen just a bunch of sticky resin:smoking:... I just gave em a really good look and I have like 5 or 6 more of those starting to pop up.. Mainly on the top buds... I think its still early on the pollen sacks..They look to be just forming..

11. PHP:
    Ya they could be Inactive or sterile pollen sacks alot of the time when u get hermi's they don't release much pollen but a little goes ALONG ways in the pollen world. So i say get ur flush going and pick all the sack u can find check daily for new one's. U probably get a couple more weeks that way to let Ur bud get to full size. But usually one pollen begins to show plant will finish fast aswell. I read a doc few year back on a guy that used pollen to get his plant to finish faster.( Not the Best Way i Would admit) But he could drop his flower time by 1-2 weeks. But Ur like what 6 week so u only need couple more week at the most to finish. Start Ur flush Pick daily Sacks you should be fine!!