Is this a problem? Please help

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Lerium, Nov 7, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Left side of the bottom leaf in the pic near the leaf steam. Its not fully forming on one side of the leaf. I'm not sure if this is going to be a problem. Also the new leaves look all curly. Is that normal? I'm a newbie. Sorry if this is completely normal. I just like to try a catch problems early on.

Thank you for any input.

Attached Files:

2. It might be better to see the area I'm talking about like this. Does anyone have any ideas?

Attached Files:

3. The tacoing leaves could be from heat stress. One of the plants from my last grow looked just like that. My ph was also too high.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Thanks bro! After looking at your pics, I think you nailed it! I moved my lights up to about 4 inches from the plant. I originally had it about 2 inches above. I will be going to the local hdyro store next week to get some more equipment and nutrients. I don't have the chemicals to change the ph, so that's on the list too. I do check the ph in my water and the highest its been out of my tap is 6.8 which is a little high. The lowest is 6.2. I thought I was safe, but I really want to do this the right way.(First grow)

Thanks again!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Cool, I'm only on my second so I'm still a newbie too. What kind of lighting are you growing with?

• Like Like x 1
  6. #6 Lerium, Nov 8, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
    For my first grow I decided to go with CFLs. Its cheap and I thinks its easier to learn with. ATM I have 8 @ 6500k and 4 @ 2700k for veg. I will be switching to 8 @ 2700k and 4 @ 6500k for flowering. Next week when I go to the hydro store I will be picking up Calmag, Grow Big, Big Bloom, and Tiger Bloom. I just fed today with Mircale Grow liquid plant food and Happy Frog 5-5-5 fert. I heard those are pretty bad, so this was the last time I'm going to use that stuff. I see a lot of hate on MG on the forums, but they're experienced so I will listen. :coffee:
    I have grow journal that I started here First time grow CFLs (Jane Doe) Grow Journal

The main plant is a "Jane Doe" mystery seed that I got from my gf, who got it from her cousin, who supposedly got it from a premium seed bank in Colorado. lol! The seedlings are all bagseed.

7. That's pretty much the same light setup I have. I got a pretty good amount from cfl. I'm going to move outdoors for flower on my current grow but I might switch to led down the road. I used Grow big and Tiger bloom last time and they were great. I'm also using fox farm soil this round and the plants are really taking to it.