Is this a legit Toro?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by whoamiagain, Dec 28, 2010.

1. #1 whoamiagain, Dec 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2010
    I'm wondering if anyone has ever seen this Toro circ to circ before (any pics on the this forum or tokecity or anything? I just want to confirm it's an actual Toro). Already contacted him about buying it so don't think you can snatch this piece away:p!

Edit: it's the 2nd one in the link I posted

Edit 2: Oh god I accidentally continued buying it.. How can I remove that o_O ?

Edit 3: "Your cancellation request has been sent." -yay :smoke:

Edit 4: Pics :smoke:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. i tried opening up the product page, and i can't access it because it isn't available anymore. i'm assuming thats because you already bought it. without looking closer at the pictures i can't, and i don't think anyone else can really tell you..

could you try and link us to a larger image in thread?

3. Never buy anything off of ioffer. They are notorious for selling knock-offs

4. lmfao. but yeah, unfortunately, i do not have enough experience with fine glassware to know. i smoke those cheap tabbaco leaves.

5. looks pretty legit id say its real. (you are talking about the 650$ one right? it seems overpriced though i dont know much on toro's circ to circ prices anymore.)

and yea ioffer is pretty well known for selling knock off's especially roors. lol

6. yeah just scoped out the pics again and that circ/circ is ok. But look at the joint on it where the slide goes in. Not really a 90 degree angle. It looks like its just a little bit off. it may be a second

7. Added the pictures.

Does anyone feel the same way that Just619 does? I could ask him for a picture with the tube and a hand written timestamp and him giving a thumbs up in the pic or something to see if he actually HAS that thing..

8. i never seen that toro logo before, it's usually a rhino on top of the O. . . no inside of the O. also, it doesn't say Toro on top of the slide handle.

unless this is a different product line i'm unaware of, it's most certainly a fake.

edit: regardless, don't waste money on a Toro.. get a sovereignty stemline, and buy an ash catcher or some more bud with the money left over

9. #9 Jumbo, Dec 28, 2010
    i was thinking the same thing with the slide but i think its just shitty pictures i kind of see the toro words in all the pics its just really hard to see. other wise it would be all clear though u no?

id say its legit, but overpriced. id hit up ALT for a high quality piece. :D
    (For that price u can get a syn double showerhead or a SG with a sick heady bowl. )

:bongin:

10. #10 mr lahey, Dec 28, 2010
    It might be legit . . . Could be just some guy trying to sell his used glass. Can't use ebay and BM costs money, so iOffer is really one of the only options.

I definitely wouldn't trust a "brand new" piece on iOffer or anyone who uses iOffer as their "business"and sells tons of items like the power sellers on Ebay . . . they are notorious for selling cheap and fake shit. Ebay sucks now that "power sellers" have pretty much taken over and the whole original concept of the site has been ruined. iOffer will soon follow.

Id say to look elsewhere to be safe. Toros are awesome, but that one seems overpriced (especially if its authenticity is in doubt.)

11. #11 gone4good, Dec 28, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2010
    since when has toro used a rhino instead of the bull?
    never

edit;I'm glad all you people have the same "dont trust ioffer" attitude...without it I would have never been able to purchase my salt mini 10 arm for less than half price on there.

12. the consensus appears to be, it's probably fake... but even if it isn't, it's probably used/old and therefore extremely overpriced.

if you really want a toro, i'd make some calls to your lhs...

i'm a bit of a fanboy, but i'd get an sg for the money.

@blood_junkee ... LOL i never realized it was a bull, it just always looked like a rhino to me. of the two toros i've ever hit i can't believe i didn't realize that.

13. I wouldnt buy it bro its more than likely been used.... hes just trying to get more money then what its worth then..

id hit up a legit retailer if i was getting 600$+ glass...

14. Alright those are some good points you guys are making. I'll be checking ALT again but I remember there wasn't much I liked as mich as the circ/circ Toro. Also tried to order something on BFG but it takes forever to place an order overthere. Could be the holidays but still..

15. Yeah its definitely a TORO... but you never know if you'll get it or not ordering on ioffer. I would never do it.

16. im curious, how can you tell?

17. probably by the way toro made it. thats just a guess though

18. well clearly, but there's specific characteristics that most high end bong makers use to thwart forgers.

19. It is extremly unlikely that its a fake. I mean just look at it, do you think chinese knock off brands are skilled enough to produce a tube like that? The circs looks fine, the work on the perc and the base/lip looks great, classic toro slide, label looks normal, the tube looks quite nice all around. It takes a very skilled blower to make a tube like that, and if they are that skilled, they're not making their living doing cheap knock offs.

That being said, ioffer is pretty sketch and you don't really have much protection against scammers, so be careful.