is this a good spot

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Tokedontchoke, Mar 11, 2009.

1. #1 Tokedontchoke, Mar 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2009
    I was going to a chill stoner spot and i ran across this spot deeper in the woods

PIC 1 and 2 are the same spot pic 3 shows a little potential because its well hidden
    but pic 1 and 2 seem chill to me give me some comments on the spot

Attached Files:

2. Your ass will be infested with chiggers.

3. i dont care about chiggers
    all i care about is if it will work or not

4. if you look straight up in the air is it pretty open so sun light can come in that would be important

5. it might be really good but you have to make sure you get enough sun light. do you know how many hours of light the spot gets.

6. spot 1 gets around 7 to 8 hours

spot 2 5 to 6 (really shady)

7. Grow is what im mainly doing but if it doesnt work it will be a chill spot

8. not enough to grow that well look for clearings in the middle of the woods with open space plants need over 12 hours to veg in spring early summer and 12 or less in late summer fall

9. ight thanks ill grow indoors now :) i was plNNING TO DO 2 IN and 7 out ill look for a new spot later

10. wtf is a chigger?
    I like that spot in pic 1,2
    you gunne put a fence?

11. thought about taking some razor wire and put around it and use some of the natural stuff to hide it

12. yeahh, razor wire should do it:D

13. +rep. That is all that needs to be said.:devious:

14. The spot looks legit, but if you stumbled across this spot,
    how many others could just stumble upon this spot?
    People wander aimlessly to nowhere all of the time,
    Wherever you do choose just be careful
    I heard this somewhere on GC-
    "If you wouldnt tape a hundred dollar bill to a tree
    where your spot is, then you havent found the right spot"
    Don't remember who said it but plus rep to them:smoke:

15. Thanks for the help guys

Razor wire FTW lol

16. Chiggers (redbugs around here) actually prefer your balls to your ass:D.

IMO, try to find a field that hasn't been planted in a while with high weeds/grass, preferably pick one that has woods along side it for stealthy access. Walk out into the weeds/grass and find a bare spot. Just make sure that when you visit the place you don;t wear a path by walking in and out using the same route (this spot should be easier on the balls too!)

happy hunting!

17. k so whats a chigger? lol all i got is, they like "your balls to your ass" heh.

Yeah razor wire is a good idea, never really thought about it. That should keep those punk ass deer at bay!

18. What on earth is a chigger?? Is it a tick?? Plenty of those bastards around here in the summer.

19. #19 Corto Malteze, Mar 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2009
    No one can really tell you if this spot is stealthy or not. It seems too "open" to me. What's the access for the car? Is a water source nearby? Do people live nearby, walk around that area. If someone exits those woods (hunters, rippers...), they'll spot your plants instantly.
    I use elevated thick but medium sized vegetation where only a few hikers, mountain bikers go. They use paths made by firemen and the forest service but no one goes in deep like I do unless for a reason. The area is full of prickers so you need to know the way in. So make no tracks!!! Hunters don't go in very thick/craggy/pricky terrain either. Make sure no one was ever there or will ever think of going there. I find the water source first. Then the spot. My spots are in circles of thick vegetation within a very large and homogeneous medium sized forest (very common veg. here). Look for tree lines or an opening in a wild forst/terrain. I'd stay away from fields unless there is a natural barrier (cliff, water, prickies...) to stop people from stumbling on the plants. You'll have good sun but it might not be well hidden... I prefer better stealth and less sun (4-5 hours minimum).
    Finding my spots for 2009 took many hours of scouting (100) / or "dog walking" lol, and preparation to dig/haul soil and water stealthily with a precise plan for the Summer. I only "work" at night (not evening, but night night).;) Too much work and dank weed to take chances... Tell no one.

20. #20 puff, Mar 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2009
    a chigger is a tiny little black/brown fly dude that lands on you and burrows itself into your skin to lay its eggs then dies. they itch like a mother. and if they aren't burrowing into you they are annoying you by flying around your face, eyes and trying to get into your ears.

grins and smiles :)