Is this a good setup

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Wholesale4sale, Feb 14, 2016.

1. So im starting out. I've accumilated a lot of info. on growing weed. It seems like alot of fun and will help me make money. The problem is i dont live alone and the only space ill be able to use is a 6'x2'x6' (Lenght x width x height). If someone knows i grow weed they will kick me out, and i can't have someone open the closet and see i grow weed. Anything will be suspicious: computer case, shoe box, smell ect. The solution is my closet. A room hidden within my closet.

Heres the 1st idea

[​IMG]

all made of wood, nailed and caulked together from the inside. the clothes and stuff will be a decoy. I will secretley have to make a latch to get acess to my plants. do you think this will work though? with 4 cfls 5000k and 4 2700k. what training technique should i use? is there a better way to set this up? different light what plants? anything helps.

Attached Files:

2. wow good luck,I know that you need the best carbon filter like phresh I first bought a cheaper one and it still allowed for smell my new phresh works perfect .so its going to be in the closet behind a wall???

3. Looks more like a built in instead of a wall? Could work though but regardless if someone opened your closet the sound of the fans will give it away. Just being honest. You need a decent fan to push or pull air through a carbon filter and somebody that close to your grow will hear it.

4. Im building a hidden grow room inside a closet, disguised as a clothes shelf. As for the noise and smell im going to invest most money on those. Im hoping that the clothes will absorb some smell and noise. If not ill have to put noise dampening foam around the closet and use alot of fabreeze. Im very worried someone will find out. The other problem is where to dry my buds, probs using the brown bag method inside the same place i grow the strains. But im not sure if that will work well.

5. Ok i got it, yeah when seeds pop use 1 26w 5000k or greater cfl 3" above plant and it will not stretch and you will be able to LST it to keep it low and still produce allot

6. #6 Snailshop75, Feb 15, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2016
    Sounds like you are vested and willing to do what it takes to ensure secrecy and the lights you have are fine. I would LST definitely bending the main stalk in your grow to keep height to a minimum. You just might pull this off. Who cares if you have to use a latch system to open and close it....just make sure the latches you buy can withstand opening and closing hundreds of times easily!! Or you will be pissed trying to either make new holes or using bigger screws eventually turning your closet into a hodge podge of latches lol.

7. Haha 100%! I think im going to grow northern lights LST for sure. I also came up with a great way of hiding the smell incase budding came in a little strong. Ready for this? SEMEN! its pretty gross but ill masterbate alot and spew alittle cum on the floor and when someone opens the door it will smell like an ocean rather then smell like skunk. Its really nasty but. . . a man's got to do what a man's got to do to get high.[​IMG][​IMG] im only missing the latch system plan, the wiring (if anyone wants to help me on that?), and finding the quitest fans possible but not sacrafice air flow.

8. Another question how many plants can and should grow with the space and the amount of lights i have 4 cfls 5000k (equal to 60w) and 4 2700k (equal to 60w).